Hi guys, a quick question if i may?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neuk

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
Hi,

Just a quick question,
i have some high profile patriot viper Extreme Performance PC3-17000 (2133MHz) ,
2 sticks to be precise. And an akasa Venom cpu cooler.
The 2 sticks fit into the 3 and 4 slots of my mobo, and im planning on expanding from 8 to 16 gigs,
i know for certain that the stick in slot 2 will fit with no problem, but the stick in slot 1 is going to have to be forced under the 120mm fan on the venom.

The stick will also apply pressure on the fan and on the heat sink, will this cause problems in the long run as to possible vibrations could maybe disrupt the structure of the thermal paste or something similar? is it even smart to try and force it under the fan. Also what are your thought on clipping the ram case, im not that worried about losing the warrenty on the ram , just curious as weather i could cause damage from the start on?

Also. Sorry for my awfull english, not a native speaker, also the last two bears i had are not helping :)
Thanks in advance.

Solution

Ahh I see, well in that case I wouldn't think you should have any troubles in the future.

As for your earlier question about vibration and thermal compound, I doubt vibrations could disrupt the properties of the compound, nothing to worry about..(my stock Hyper212+ can get quite noisy/vibrate a lot) :lol:
Can you move the fan up and down? From looking at product pictures, it looks like the fan is held in with clips. If you can move the fan up a few cm, you may have enough clearance for your RAM :)

Also, about forcing your RAM under the 120MM fan, I remember I had to do that with my RAM sticks as well (though my heatspreaders aren't as tall). I remember the pressure being put on the RAM module would make the RAM socket tilt a little bit..this could kill the RAM slot in the future, so I wouldn't really recommend it (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'll leave clipping the heatspreaders part to the other people here :lol: I'm not really a modder.

neuk

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2012
the fan is held in place by some rubber connector which seem very vercetile, so i doubt it would cause much stress on the structure of the fan, or on the ram.

Ahh I see, well in that case I wouldn't think you should have any troubles in the future.

As for your earlier question about vibration and thermal compound, I doubt vibrations could disrupt the properties of the compound, nothing to worry about..(my stock Hyper212+ can get quite noisy/vibrate a lot) :lol:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.