Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcross

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hey all,
I'll get to the point... I updated my ATI Radeon HD 4870's drivers a couple of days ago (to the release on 12/13/11) and my Sceptre X32 Naga TV will now only display at 864x768 Resolution in games. I can force the desktop to be whatever through the CCC that ATI has but this does NOT stick when I open a game. Starcraft 2 tells me "no valid resolutions found." DCUO has 3 choices, I have also tried to uncheck the "Hide settings this monitor cannot display" box (this allows me to set the resolution to anything, but again, does NOT carry over into the games). The TV worked absolutely perfectly until I updated the video driver, so I know it can work, I just can't make it :(
I am at a total loss for what to do; I can't find any Sceptre drivers that will the PC will accept when trying to tell it what kind of Display is attached and I've tried every release of both the Driver for the Card and the Catalyst thing that I can get my hands on.
The very strange (to me anyway) thing is that I can choose any resolution under the sun on the small monitor (also a Sceptre, ironically) that I have attached to the other port on the card.
Oh yea, and it's on an XP X64 system :D

Any hints, tips or suggestions are welcome!
Thanks for your time.

Nightcross

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
No, but I did get it figured out about 5 minutes after I posted, lol.
Came up with two solutions:
1) Lie to the computer and use a different manufacturers HDTV driver
Or (You'll like this one...)
2) Realize that I downloaded a 32 bit driver and then find the right one whilst looking for a possible placebo driver.
Boy howdy do I feel like a knuckle head.
Thanks so much for the speedy reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.