Hi
In order to install "The Sims 2" I had to upgrade my ASUS
GForce FX 5200 graphic card drivers. My Younger daughter
has, in her user a desktop theme that allways worked, but
now the desktop icons keep on desapearing . I custumized
over and over, even reinstalled the theme and nothing...
All the other user icons desapeared, but I got them back,
except for these ones. Can anyone tell me what to do ?
Thank you

Maria Dulce

kelly

Hi Maria,

This should not be driver related, at most the appearance would be jagged,
etc. More info needed for your daughter's issues. What icons disappear?
This could be All User related, again more info needed.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Maria Dulce" <Dulce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> In order to install "The Sims 2" I had to upgrade my ASUS
> GForce FX 5200 graphic card drivers. My Younger daughter
> has, in her user a desktop theme that allways worked, but
> now the desktop icons keep on desapearing . I custumized
> over and over, even reinstalled the theme and nothing...
> All the other user icons desapeared, but I got them back,
> except for these ones. Can anyone tell me what to do ?
> Thank you
>
> Maria Dulce

Viva, Kelly
Thank you for replying. What I can tell you, is that my
daughter's desktop theme is "Finding Nemo" by WebDevAZ.
It happened in all users, but in my user doesn't happen
anymore.My other daughter found he same icon
troubleshooting. We customize them allright, but they
disappear on every startup, back to the xp original. As
you can see, I'm not an expert, so I wellcome all the
help I can get.

Thankx again
Dulce

kelly

Hi,

Ok, so this is theme related. Do the icons just change or actually
disappear? Either way and in the meantime, see if this helps:

Save Settings on Exit (Line 54)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Clsid

Right click the folder icon and select Permissions/Advanced/Add/System.
Put a check in the Deny column for the Set Value permission.
Ok your way out.

--

Viva, Kelly
Thank you for replying. What I can tell you, is that my
daughter's desktop theme is "Finding Nemo" by WebDevAZ.
It happened in all users, but in my user doesn't happen
anymore.My other daughter found he same icon
troubleshooting. We customize them allright, but they
disappear on every startup, back to the xp original. As
you can see, I'm not an expert, so I wellcome all the
help I can get.

Thankx again
Dulce

Thank you so much, Kelly! It worked allright. everything
is now as it was before.
Thankx a lot
All the best

Maria Dulce