Cpu socket pins broken off

"Can a broken socket pin be soldered back on? and work!
12 answers Last reply
More about socket pins broken
  1. Maybe, but most likely not. You won't know unless you try!
  2. Hello jmiles72;

I don't think you have a chance of making it work.
  3. You'd probably need the skills and specialized tools of a jeweler or watchmaker to do that type of high-precision work.

4. WR2 said:
    Hello jmiles72;

I don't think you have a chance of making it work.

Thank you:0)

I have soldered pins back on. Some have worked and some not. I sent my message just to see if there is a better way of fixing a broken pin. Maybe somebody had a good idea. :0)

Thanks all
  5. Thanks for your input.

I just fixed 3 socket pins by soldering the tip on two broken pins and one pin that broke at the base.

The board is working in test :0)

jmiles72 :0)
  6. I really don't think you're going to be able to get it to work even if you can get it soldered on there.
  7. Hi :)

And to even attempt it you need a VARIABLE LOW temperature soldering iron......and it rarely works...

All the best Brett :)
  8. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

And to even attempt it you need a VARIABLE LOW temperature soldering iron......and it rarely works...

All the best Brett :)
  9. rds1220 said:
    I really don't think you're going to be able to get it to work even if you can get it soldered on there.
  10. If the board is new I would RMA it.
  11. I can't give out any info Co. policy ya know! But the boards are working. Thanks Veteran for you info. Have a good one.
    jmiles72
  12. Ok...I don't know how you got it to work becuase pins are pretty fragile like I said but ok. I've seen bent pins that were bent back into place and the board still didn't work and this seems like alot worse.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Socket