Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What power supply watt for gtx 670 sli

Last response: in Components
Share
June 2, 2012 5:50:01 AM

I'm running an i5 2500k, 8gb ram, on a asus z77 pro. Someone i work with told me I'm going to need at least 1000w, seems kind of high... if so please give me your suggestions. Thanks

More about : power supply watt gtx 670 sli

a c 139 ) Power supply
June 2, 2012 5:53:52 AM

It's a lot high.

What else are you going to power with the PSU? Anything besides the usual high performance gaming stuff?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 2, 2012 6:06:55 AM

WR2 said:
It's a lot high.

What else are you going to power with the PSU? Anything besides the usual high performance gaming stuff?

Well a hdd,sdd, a evo heatsink, cd/DVD drive, and about 6 fans... Any recommendations on a good psu?
m
0
l
a c 111 ) Power supply
June 2, 2012 6:23:00 AM

I recommend a 750W, just in case you want another one for triple sli.

Have you decided a budget for a power supply?
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:24:32 AM

amuffin said:
I recommend a 750W, just in case you want another one for triple sli.

Have you decided a budget for a power supply?

Yeah anywhere from $160 and down
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 111 ) Power supply
June 2, 2012 6:32:54 AM

Corsair HX750W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It can actually output 900W!
Share
a c 111 ) Power supply
June 2, 2012 6:38:46 AM

Nope! Corsair power supplies are made by Seasonic. They make they best quality units!
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 6:40:29 AM

amuffin said:
Nope! Corsair power supplies are made by Seasonic. They make they best quality units!

Aw that's great man... I'm gonna go buy this now... Thanks for the help!
m
0
l
June 2, 2012 7:02:53 AM

Best answer selected by Hint172.
m
0
l
!