Tom's doesn't want me anymore?

I have enough emotional issues as my parents left me on a door step as a baby and the people with the door step, in turn, sold me into indentured servitude by which I can't ever seem to meet the terms of the agreement.

Now tom's hardware is having their way with me...

I have been contributing to the forum for a while now and noticed I've gotten to a point under the 'Graphics and Displays' section and other sections of the forum by which if I am awarded a 'Best Answer', my 'Best Answer' count is no longer incrementing. I've been stuck on 45 'Best Answers' under the 'Graphics and Displays' section for weeks now, even though I've accumulate around 10 'Best Answers' within that amount of time.

Is this tom's way of telling me they don't want me either?

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Sometimes the system has hiccups near the beginning of the month and takes a bit of time to update - give it a week or so and then let me know if it still hasn't updated with your correct amount.

tecmo34

Administrator

Joe...

I have seen this happen but not this bad!! I understand the switch over at the beginning of the month but once the point totals for the month start working, the "Best Answers" should be in place too. I think we have a little bigger issue than just the first part of the month, specially since we are half way through the month.

I have noticed that this has happened with some of my best answers as well in the systems section. Can not keep an eye on the other sections since the counter stops at 150! Notice as well that few of them have shown up on the UK mirror in the past but do not know if they are new or old.

lolz he thinks 10 missing is bad... i get an average of 15 per month for the last 4 months with around 3000 points of my score coming from best answers and i havent been credited with any of em in badges... the only badges i have gotten is from the rank list where you get points for your avatar, reporting posts or commenting on an artical... i have none for my efforts in pc games which by now should be gold or not far off.
all i get is it will be sorted on the next site update. but its been 4 months.
so please either get it working or scrap it.

I know, pc game is particularly troublesome. I don't even have the words on the table showing up.

I'll check back daily for my silver graphics badge, but part of the fun factor of participation is the badge and point system. Points are neat, but badges are part of it too and something you can put up on the virtual shelf. Doesn't seem as fun otherwise.

I see other users gaining badges daily. This is why I don't think tom's wants me around anymore?

Now someone stole my badges...

I just got a message stating I earned the graphics and displays badge because I achieved over 50 best answers (this is supposed to be a silver badge), and all of my silver and 7 of my bronze badges disappeared.

tecmo34

Administrator
They look there to me??

ubercake.jpg

One thing you guys need to understand, is that there is a disconnect between the US and UK forums. Some threads are posted in the UK forums, and sometimes our US members get bumped into the UK forum. Your best answers don't translate into the US forum, but you'll still get email notifications of them. It's been this way for some time.

The new platform will hopefully resolve this issue, however, with the current one, it's not a high priority.

Just be glad you didn't start contributing to the forums 10 or more years ago like some of us here did, and then have the entire format changed so many times, we have the highest answered thread contributions, but rank lower than many 1 and 2 year contributors with less than a third the contribution count! (not to take anything away from the new people who post some excellent advice and ideas.)

Yeah, that was about the time the actual join dates all jumped to 1970, and I believe the forums started in 97 I think? So I am not quite sure why 1970 was the the default date. But you have to admit, the change in forum status and rankings a couple three years back did not quite fairly award most of the senior members for years of contributions, as far as the ranking system is working for newer members anyhow. Not a big deal really, but it has turned into a sort of "slap in the face" to those who have been here since the beginning, or shortly after.