Add separator to All Programs menu?

I posted this elsewhere, but this topic shoul be here.
Can someone tell me how to add a separator bar to the All
Programs menu?
7 answers Last reply
More about separator programs menu

    Where?

    --
    All the Best,
    Kelly

    Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP-Shell/User
    2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Dan Aja" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I posted this elsewhere, but this topic shoul be here.
    > Can someone tell me how to add a separator bar to the All
    > Programs menu?

    I want to add a second separator to separate my program
    folders from the individual programs in thr menu.

    Dan Aja wrote:
    > I posted this elsewhere, but this topic shoul be here.
    > Can someone tell me how to add a separator bar to the All
    > Programs menu?

    It's difficult to add a separator bar to a menu, since this option is
    intended for Toolbars.

    The way I have found is to simply create a blank text file and save it with
    any short name to any default folder. Create a shortcut to this file and
    place it on the All Programs menu.

    Right click the shortcut and select Rername. Rername the shortcut to
    "________" by holding down the Shift key and using the "-" key. Next, right
    click the shortcut again and select the Change Icon button. Assign an icon
    that you like (I use the green arrow icon). Drag and drop the new separator
    to position it where you wish. Customize to suit your taste.

    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Way kewl, Ron. :o) Never thought of that one!

    --

    Kelly wrote:
    > Way kewl, Ron. :o) Never thought of that one!

    Right after IE4x was released we used this trick to separate different
    sections in the Favorites list. Works well. :)
    --

    Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP

    Ah, that explains it. I slept through that version. <w>

    --

    > Kelly wrote:
    >> Way kewl, Ron. :o) Never thought of that one!
    >
    > Right after IE4x was released we used this trick to separate different
    > sections in the Favorites list. Works well. :)
    > --
    >
    > Ronnie Vernon
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
  7. Howdy guys, thanks for the info... I made a shortcut with the text property "____________" and changed the icon to a transparent icon, works perfect.... thanks

    I uploaded the transparent icon here if any one wants it:
    http://www.filesavr.com/blankicon