What case to use for my gaming PC?

Solution

Your case is fine :) Check your PM's.

As for the rest of the rig, it's looking perfect now. Though I DO have one suggestion...Get an aftermarket CPU cooler so you can take advantage of the K-sku on your CPU :lol: Even if you don't overclock, it's for the best since the stock Intel HSF's are a bit iffy.
Whats the build for may I ask?
a 1200w Psu is massively overkill for that build,
and a 480Gb ssd?
grab a 120Gb ssd for Op sys and a few oft-used games, everything else can go on the mech drive for storage,
Do you plan on going to dual gfx cards in the future?
there are quite a few flags going up here but we need to know what the units going to be used for before we can make too many amendments :)
Moto

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Yes, later I will use 2 GFX cards once the price of the 600s go down. Also the reason for my huge SSD drive is because I had the money to spare. I was trying to top my budget to roughly $2.5k. But if the PSU really is overkill, I will get a cheaper and weaker one haha. Get like what 750w?

I think an 850w PSU will be able to handle two GTX 680s :)

But as Motopsychojdi stated, what's the use for this computer? I'm tempted to recommend an X79 build for your budget :lol:

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

Oh haha. I'm intending to use it for gaming. Playing Skyrim and such on Ultra settings. I tweaked it with a 750. Not even 2k now lol. And also a 180GB SSD.

I had also posted another thread earlier to know of any tweaks I could do to my PC.

Woots you're on the right path! :)

Also, you should look for a 2x4GB kit of 1600Mhz RAM. That single stick of 4GB RAM you currently have won't get you anywhere :lol:

Aleonris

Distinguished
May 24, 2012

I actually have it 4 times there lol. I'm not that much of a noob.

It's actually like $6 cheaper like that.

Your case is fine :) Check your PM's.

As for the rest of the rig, it's looking perfect now. Though I DO have one suggestion...Get an aftermarket CPU cooler so you can take advantage of the K-sku on your CPU :lol: Even if you don't overclock, it's for the best since the stock Intel HSF's are a bit iffy.

Solution
You could drop the price further by having a 2500k instead, you don't need the hyperthreading for gaming,
DF85's a shiny box, just remember your gfx cards can't be longer than 12.5 without removing a drive cage :)
Can't find the watts on the 12v rail for that Psu, but I don't think it'll be shy for sli power duties,
savings teh cash? ur doin it right :)
Moto