Motherboard stuck on error code that stands for "CPU DXE Initialized"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xninelives

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012

I fixed my mine, with one ram stick on the far left slot. Then once you get it to boot add the other sticks one at a time.

FWIW:

"Driver eXecution Environment (DXE) Phase
The Driver Execution Environment (DXE) phase is where most of the system initialization is performed. Pre-EFI Initialization (PEI), the phase prior to DXE, is responsible for initializing permanent memory in the platform so that the DXE phase can be loaded and executed. The state of the system at the end of the PEI phase is passed to the DXE phase through a list of position-independent data structures called Hand-Off Blocks (HOBs). HOBs are described in detail in the Platform Initialization Hand-Off Block Specification.
There are several components in the DXE phase:

“DXE Foundation”
“DXE Dispatcher”
A set of “DXE Drivers”

The Dxe Core produces a set of Boot Services, Runtime Services, and DXE Services. The DXE Dispatcher is responsible for discovering and executing DXE drivers in the correct order. The DXE drivers are responsible for initializing the processor, chipset, and platform components as well as providing software abstractions for system services, console devices, and boot devices. These components work together to initialize the platform and provide the services required to boot an operating system. The DXE phase and Boot Device Selection (BDS) phases work together to establish consoles and attempt the booting of operating systems. The DXE phase is terminated when an operating system is successfully booted. The Dxe Core is composed of boot services code, so no code from the Dxe Core itself is allowed to persist into the OS runtime environment. Only the runtime data structures allocated by the Dxe Core and services and data structured produced by runtime DXE drivers are allowed to persist into the OS runtime environment."

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/tianocore/index.php?title=PI_Boot_Flow

good job positing what fixed it for you. Not sure if the board has a strange requirement for which slots get filled first or maybe just reseating the dimms fixed it. Either way people know to try it 'cause you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.