Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Critique My Planned Build!

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 15, 2012 11:34:38 PM

Hello everyone!
The time has come for me to build a new rig! Im still rockin a P4 with XP and 945P/ICH7 chipset, and it can no longer do the things I'd like it to. But before I pull the trigger on a $1300 purchase, I figured id ask some people who know what they're talking about if I've made the right component choices or overlooked anything.
For reference I plan to use it primarily for gaming, possibly in 3d, but definitively with 2+ displays. I plan to OC, and FINALLY build a rig that's super clean inside (cable management, placement, ect.
So without further ado, here's my list of components, any notes I have on them, and links to their product page on NewEgg (If i feel it's necessary ;)  ).

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K

Mobo: MSI P67A-G43 (B3)
-Mostly because its relatively cheap (I save $20 by bundling it with the cpu), and has the features I'm looking for, and none I'm not, I.e on board video. Also, I'm ashamed to admit, aesthetics is important in this build, so color scheme as well.

Cooler: Corsair H60 or H80
-Clean look, both seem to preform well, will probably go with H60 for more case space, and to save 20 bucks or so.

Thermal Compound: Prolimatech PRO-PK1
-The only top compound I could find on NewEgg

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600
- Couldn't find anything else with faster timings and a price I could stomach, but I plan to OC em anyway. Also heatsinks look huge, but I don't see that being an issue with the cooler I plan to get. From what I understand 4GB is plenty for gaming, so 8 should give me more than enough wiggle room.

GPU: Dual SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
-Always wanted a dual graphics card setup, and I'm gonna have one dammit! :kaola:  Checked some benchmarks and dual 6850's seem to out preform alot of more expensive single GPUs. And depending on what I do with displays in the future, I may need the extra ports on the 2nd card.

HDD: Sandisk 120Gb Sata II SSD
-Price is a factor in this build, so I save a few bucks by going with a Sata II drive. Slightly concerned with the brand, but reviews seemed mostly positive.

PSU: Diablotek UL Series PSUL775 775W
-I would have liked to get a nicer, modular Corsair, but again I save a few bucks with this model. I plan to Mod and re-sleeve the cables anyway, so I may as well do it on a cheaper unit I don't mind voiding the warranty on.

Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-30
-For $110 its a big roomy case with a bunch of fans. I mostly like it for the quick access to the fan filters, as dust in my rig has been an issue in the past.

OS: Windows 7 Home 64-bit
-Don't see any real advantages in pro or ultimate for me (Am I wrong about this?). I may do a dual boot and play around with linux, but that'd just be for fun.

So that's it! I don't think I've forgotten anything. Tell me what you all think! Anything overkill or not enough, experinces with any of these components, ect, ect.

Thanks in advance for your input, and flame on!

More about : critique planned build

February 15, 2012 11:38:05 PM

With your budget, why not go to a better graphics card?

You NEED to replace that PSU though. Go to a Corsair, SeaSonic, or Antec.
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 11:39:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

8150 @ stock
Metro- min-27 max-60 avg-43
BFBC2- min-45 max-94 avg-65
Crysis2- min-42 max-91 avg-58
Lost Planet2- avg-33
Dirt3- min-75 avg-99
Cinebench- 5.84

i5 2500K @ stock
Metro- min-27 max-59 avg-43
BFBC2- min-44 max-97 avg-65
Crysis2-min-36 max-88 avg-62
LostPlanet2- avg-34
Dirt3- min-79 avg-105
Cinebench- 5.12

Looks like BD fx - 8150 and i5 2500k are pretty similar in terms of gaming performance add in the additional average cost of an Intel platform and slightly higher cost of the 8150 chip and looks like AMD and Intel offer up pretty even results on average as far as gaming as I have outlined and double certified above with link provided.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 15, 2012 11:47:47 PM

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Diablotek makes grossly overrated PSU-shaped objects that should never be connected to computer components if there is any possibility they will be plugged into an A/C power source. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. Current FSP, NZXT, and Rosewill have also all been favorably reviewed. I have never read a favorable competent technical review of any Diablotek, Apevia, Logisys, or Raidmax PSU; many have blown up and/or burned well under their claimed rating.
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 11:50:38 PM

So you are using one source to backup your claim...?
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 11:53:15 PM

Onus said:
NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo........

Diablotek makes grossly overrated PSU-shaped objects that should never be connected to computer components if there is any possibility they will be plugged into an A/C power source. A quality modern PSU has full range active PFC (no little voltage switch) and some level of 80+ certification for efficiency. Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX, and Enermax/LEPA are among the better brands. Current FSP, NZXT, and Rosewill have also all been favorably reviewed. I have never read a favorable competent technical review of any Diablotek, Apevia, Logisys, or Raidmax PSU; many have blown up and/or burned well under their claimed rating.


Thanks, that's why I asked! I know I should get a better PSU, but I'm apprehensive about spending more on one that I plan to hack up anyway, any suggestions?
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 11:56:02 PM

ManOd said:
Thanks, that's why I asked! I know I should get a better PSU, but I'm apprehensive about spending more on one that I plan to hack up anyway, any suggestions?


What do you mean by "hack up"?
You can get a good Corsair, or Antec PSU that is modular and under $100.
I paid $40 (got a $15 Newegg Gift Card with it, so really $25) for a CX430.
m
0
l
February 15, 2012 11:57:43 PM

azeem40 said:
So you are using one source to backup your claim...?

If you cant find it in this data base - http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page567.htm it is safe to say it is pure junk and Diablotek is considered just that by many stay away there are better options around for the same or lesser money.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:02:37 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by "hack up"?
You can get a good Corsair, or Antec PSU that is modular and under $100.
I paid $40 (got a $15 Newegg Gift Card with it, so really $25) for a CX430.



By hack up I mean cut out any unused cables (ill save a few for future expansion), lengthen/shorten any that don't make it to their destinations cleanly, and sleeve them in a way that makes it look pretty! Also I doubt a $40 430watt PSU would power what I have planned. Looked at a few PSU calculators, and from what I could gather, 700w should be my min.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:06:07 AM

Who are you asking, and what is your question? If me, about PSUs, sources include HardwareSecrets, Jonnyguru, HardOCP, and even a little xbitlabs. Newegg "reviews" are consumer fluff; a competent technical review includes load testing, waveform analysis, and often dissection with a discussion of the parts used.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:07:02 AM

ManOd said:
Quote:
What do you mean by "hack up"?
You can get a good Corsair, or Antec PSU that is modular and under $100.
I paid $40 (got a $15 Newegg Gift Card with it, so really $25) for a CX430.



By hack up I mean cut out any unused cables (ill save a few for future expansion), lengthen/shorten any that don't make it to their destinations cleanly, and sleeve them in a way that makes it look pretty! Also I doubt a $40 430watt PSU would power what I have planned. Looked at a few PSU calculators, and from what I could gather, 700w should be my min.


I didn't intend for it to power your system. :pt1cable: 
I just used it as a example of how cheap Corsair and other good
companies can be if you wait for the sale.

:) 
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:09:09 AM

Buy a Seasonic X-650 or X-750 (if the prices are as close as they sometimes are). Fully modular, there will be no need to "hack it up."
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:11:45 AM

SingingThroughTheStorm said:
With your budget, why not go to a better graphics card?


Well from what i could gather from benchmarks, Dual 6850s out preform the more or similarly costly single card setups, I.e 6050s and 560s. Now i know theres the argument for future expandabilty, but i suspect by the time this rig wont do what ill ask of it, we'll all be on to bigger and better things!
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:14:32 AM

Onus said:
Buy a Seasonic X-650 or X-750 (if the prices are as close as they sometimes are). Fully modular, there will be no need to "hack it up."

Or Corsair AX-650 - AX-750 they are the same
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:16:16 AM

SingingThroughTheStorm said:
I didn't intend for it to power your system. :pt1cable: 
I just used it as a example of how cheap Corsair and other good
companies can be if you wait for the sale.

:) 

Wait? I cant! I'm having trouble not clicking the purchase button NOW and having it next day shipped! :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:20:48 AM

Boopoo said:
Or Corsair AX-650 - AX-750 they are the same

Word. Thanks guys, I knew I was skimping on that a bit, Ill take a look at the Seasonics and another look at the Corsairs and see if I find one that'll work for me.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:21:51 AM

I believe you would be better served by a single high-end card like a HD6970. Two lesser cards may hit higher frame rates, but they are also more prone to microstuttering and driver issues. All games support a single GPU; some may not do so well with a pair.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:44:49 AM

Onus said:
I believe you would be better served by a single high-end card like a HD6970. Two lesser cards may hit higher frame rates, but they are also more prone to microstuttering and driver issues. All games support a single GPU; some may not do so well with a pair.

/cry But I want dual cards! Your right though, any advantages/disadvantages when running multiple displays?
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:48:54 AM

Also, any thoughts on 6950's vs 560s? 6970s seem to push me over my already amended budget( 1k originally)
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 12:56:51 AM

The 6970 is mostly tied but beats the 560ti in some games and produces less heat and less power consumption. Plus, you can unlock it to perform like the 6970.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 1:00:15 AM

Do any of your games use PhysX? Few do, and you may not care about it anyway, but if you want dual cards, get a GTX560Ti and a GT240 or GTS450 to offload the PhysX. Dual cards; there ya go!
More seriously, if you're thinking of multi-monitor gaming, if it were me I'd rather be able to have Eyefinity across three monitors on one powerful card (e.g. HD7950) than be limited to two monitors (putting the bezels right in the middle).
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 1:02:20 AM

azeem40 said:
The 6970 is mostly tied but beats the 560ti in some games and produces less heat and less power consumption. Plus, you can unlock it to perform like the 6970.

the 6950 i assume you mean?
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 1:10:57 AM

Yeah lol, my bad.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 1:23:35 AM

Well thanks for all the feedback guys, after talkin to you all I think Ill go with one better GPU (likely a 6950, lookin at benchmarks now), and that'll save me the cash to go with a better, lower wattage PSU.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 1:52:24 AM

Boopoo said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kd4dvLJQP4

8150 @ stock
Metro- min-27 max-60 avg-43
BFBC2- min-45 max-94 avg-65
Crysis2- min-42 max-91 avg-58
Lost Planet2- avg-33
Dirt3- min-75 avg-99
Cinebench- 5.84

i5 2500K @ stock
Metro- min-27 max-59 avg-43
BFBC2- min-44 max-97 avg-65
Crysis2-min-36 max-88 avg-62
LostPlanet2- avg-34
Dirt3- min-79 avg-105
Cinebench- 5.12

Looks like BD fx - 8150 and i5 2500k are pretty similar in terms of gaming performance add in the additional average cost of an Intel platform and slightly higher cost of the 8150 chip and looks like AMD and Intel offer up pretty even results on average as far as gaming as I have outlined and double certified above with link provided.



HUH? you serious?
Read these articles:

For Efficiency ---> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-e-effi...
For Power Consumption ----> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-e-effi...

2500k's idle power consumption based on Tom's hardware's tests is 41 watts compared to FX 8150's 73 watts
You can say that they are similar performance wise but FX-8150 is POWER HUNGRY which should result to a larger electric bill!

Ahh and let's not forget this article:
http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/583-pc-fail-fx...

AMD made good athlons and phenoms but their bulldozers? I don't think so


@Topic

Great build dude! But if you can wait just a little longer until the z77 chipset for ivy bridge goes out which is also available for the 1155 platform, I think that would be great as well :D 
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 2:08:41 AM

ManOd said:
Quote:
What do you mean by "hack up"?
You can get a good Corsair, or Antec PSU that is modular and under $100.
I paid $40 (got a $15 Newegg Gift Card with it, so really $25) for a CX430.



By hack up I mean cut out any unused cables (ill save a few for future expansion), lengthen/shorten any that don't make it to their destinations cleanly, and sleeve them in a way that makes it look pretty! Also I doubt a $40 430watt PSU would power what I have planned. Looked at a few PSU calculators, and from what I could gather, 700w should be my min.


I agree, something in the 700-750W would do nicely for your build. The brands mentioned by others are good, but don't discount OCZ, their last few power supplies have been great, and after the rebates they are quite cheap as well.

For the GPU I would highly suggest getting something from the 7000 series like the 7950. The architecture is made for doing 3D and multiple screens (though both at the same time may be another matter lol). Go with a single card for now, and then add that 2nd GPU down the line. Having 2 cards is fun, but some games do not scale nicely between multiple cards. Plus if you get 2 cards now then you have peaked out your GPU potential and will have to buy 2 more cards if you need to upgrade.

I love those MSI boards, and almost got one for my recent build. Only reason I didn't is because I thought I would be using the Intel GPU rendering feature (total junk by the way from what I can tell), and because I wanted the SSD caching feature (but due to price drops it looks like I will be going with a single SSD, and offloading all my HDDs to a server, so I didn't need that feature either). Aside from those 2 features, there is no performance penalty to going with the p67 instead of z68, so I think you made a good choice. Just steer clear of the MSI z68 boards as they seem to have RMA issues.

The Hxx coolers you picked out do work OK, but no better than the tall tower air coolers like the hyper 212+ or 212Evo. As the rest of your case is going to put out a little noise, you will not get the quietness benefit of the Hxx coolers, plus there is no cooling benefit, so basically it is for looks and little else. Also, the paste that comes with most coolers is plenty good, so there is no need to buy a cooler AND separate paste. So that is money you can save to put towards some better GPU power.

Check out a local Microcenter for some parts. Their 2500K's only cost $180. Plus they had the OCZ agility 3 120GB for $110 after rebates (not sure if that sale is still going on). So you can save a little money, and get a little more speed out of your SSD if you want. That being said, I am running a SATA3 SSD in my wife's SATA2 PC and have been blown away by the performance it brings to the table, so going with SATA2 is by no means a deal-breaker as it is still a night-and-day difference compared to a HDD. I am getting an SSD for my rig at some point over the summer. Unfortunately, I have a ton of software, so I need a 240GB drive, which is still a little pricey. But I figure as I save up a little, and as prices drop a little I should be able to meet in the middle for ~$1/GB or less on a sale. Keep in mind that if you do want to do 3D or multiscreen gaming, that the SSD will not add an ounce of FPS to that, so if you are serious about doing it then consider a traditional drive, or even a used/refurbished drive, and throw that savings at better GPU power. You can always get a better SSD later for less money, while the GPU is a little more binding/long term relationship. Lastly, for multi monitor you always use an odd number of monitors. Using 2/4 monitors will always leave a seam right in the middle of your cross-hairs... which is impossible to deal with. So you go with 1, 3, or 5 monitors (even 7 and 9 are coming down the line lol). You also need more than 1GB of video Ram on your primary video card (ram on 2nd card is not used) to do these types of resolutions properly, so getting a 1.5-3GB card would be the way to go. I know it is a stretch, but cheeping out on the CPU cooler and HDD would get you there, and you will thank me later for it. If you are going to the the single monitor 2D route, then the cards you picked out would do fine.

Win7 home is fine for most people. Ultimate is a waste of money (was supposed to get some 'power toys' but they turned into vaporware), and Pro is only needed if you need a better compatibility mode, or if you were putting the computer on a domain.

Other than that it looks to be a solid build! Good luck!
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 2:27:30 AM

ManOd said:
Hello everyone!
The time has come for me to build a new rig! Im still rockin a P4 with XP and 945P/ICH7 chipset, and it can no longer do the things I'd like it to. But before I pull the trigger on a $1300 purchase, I figured id ask some people who know what they're talking about if I've made the right component choices or overlooked anything.
For reference I plan to use it primarily for gaming, possibly in 3d, but definitively with 2+ displays. I plan to OC, and FINALLY build a rig that's super clean inside (cable management, placement, ect.
So without further ado, here's my list of components, any notes I have on them, and links to their product page on NewEgg (If i feel it's necessary ;)  ).

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K

Mobo: MSI P67A-G43 (B3)
-Mostly because its relatively cheap (I save $20 by bundling it with the cpu), and has the features I'm looking for, and none I'm not, I.e on board video. Also, I'm ashamed to admit, aesthetics is important in this build, so color scheme as well.

Cooler: Corsair H60 or H80
-Clean look, both seem to preform well, will probably go with H60 for more case space, and to save 20 bucks or so.

Thermal Compound: Prolimatech PRO-PK1
-The only top compound I could find on NewEgg

Memory: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600
- Couldn't find anything else with faster timings and a price I could stomach, but I plan to OC em anyway. Also heatsinks look huge, but I don't see that being an issue with the cooler I plan to get. From what I understand 4GB is plenty for gaming, so 8 should give me more than enough wiggle room.

GPU: Dual SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB
-Always wanted a dual graphics card setup, and I'm gonna have one dammit! :kaola:  Checked some benchmarks and dual 6850's seem to out preform alot of more expensive single GPUs. And depending on what I do with displays in the future, I may need the extra ports on the 2nd card.

HDD: Sandisk 120Gb Sata II SSD
-Price is a factor in this build, so I save a few bucks by going with a Sata II drive. Slightly concerned with the brand, but reviews seemed mostly positive.

PSU: Diablotek UL Series PSUL775 775W
-I would have liked to get a nicer, modular Corsair, but again I save a few bucks with this model. I plan to Mod and re-sleeve the cables anyway, so I may as well do it on a cheaper unit I don't mind voiding the warranty on.

Case: Antec Dark Fleet DF-30
-For $110 its a big roomy case with a bunch of fans. I mostly like it for the quick access to the fan filters, as dust in my rig has been an issue in the past.

OS: Windows 7 Home 64-bit
-Don't see any real advantages in pro or ultimate for me (Am I wrong about this?). I may do a dual boot and play around with linux, but that'd just be for fun.

So that's it! I don't think I've forgotten anything. Tell me what you all think! Anything overkill or not enough, experinces with any of these components, ect, ect.

Thanks in advance for your input, and flame on!



The SSD I suggest change it to Samsung 830 Series 128GB, The HDD you forgot to mention you need for your Data storage. Everything on your list I think is okay.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 2:45:02 AM

@aqe040466, love the Lain pic!
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 2:46:59 AM

Boopoo said:
2517236,25,1121361 said:
HUH? you serious?
Read these articles:

For Efficiency ---> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-e-effi...
For Power Consumption ----> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sandy-bridge-e-effi...

I own an FX 8150 and have literally never had any problems with it sep for trolls being trolls that dont know any better so whats you point sir.
said:


point? you compared the 2 CPUs and say they are similar. If you've been reading enough of the good stuff from this site then you would know the difference. ManOd is wise enough not to consider that route. I am not talking about PROBLEMS anyway. Just stating data and conclusion from "credible" tests which determines which CPU gives you more bang for you buck since you inserted that totally unrelated "comparison" in this discussion.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 2:52:56 AM

najirion said:
point? you compared the 2 CPUs and say they are similar. If you've been reading enough of the good stuff from this site then you would know the difference. ManOd is wise enough not to consider that route. I am not talking about PROBLEMS anyway. Just stating data and conclusion from "credible" tests which determines which CPU gives you more bang for you buck since you inserted that totally unrelated "comparison" in this discussion.

I own the 8150 and game with it and it all good.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 5:08:17 AM

so... the 8150 is $270, while the 2500k $230. You cannot convince me that the mobo price difference is $40 for a similar product, and the ram is identical so the mobo cost is really the only difference in 'platform costs' to consider. In fact many of the AM3+ boards are in fact more expensive for similar feature sets, which would set you back even further from the Intel build. I think we would all rather see him running a nice cold, well performing, lower power, easier to OC system than one that costs more, runs hot, is harder to cool/OC, and gets similar performance... in some cases... and under some loads.
Not saying the FX is a total looser, it runs great for rendering farms and other constant/heavy load applications. For for a gamer, trying to build within a relatively tight budget the FX does not make any sense at all.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 5:26:58 AM

CaedenV said:
so... the 8150 is $270, while the 2500k $230. You cannot convince me that the mobo price difference is $40 for a similar product, and the ram is identical so the mobo cost is really the only difference in 'platform costs' to consider. In fact many of the AM3+ boards are in fact more expensive for similar feature sets, which would set you back even further from the Intel build. I think we would all rather see him running a nice cold, well performing, lower power, easier to OC system than one that costs more, runs hot, is harder to cool/OC, and gets similar performance... in some cases... and under some loads.
Not saying the FX is a total looser, it runs great for rendering farms and other constant/heavy load applications. For for a gamer, trying to build within a relatively tight budget the FX does not make any sense at all.

So it comes out in the wash AMD as better chipsets 2500K is better at playing starcraft2 big deal I dont play it and I still get insane fps.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 9:10:59 AM

There's no need to muddy the water here, or turn this into an Intel vs. AMD flamefest. The OP has made some nice selections. It is always possible to wait for something better or faster; if the OP were building next month, then waiting on a HD78xx or to see what Kepler does would make some sense, but building now they just don't matter. There are plenty of people playing modern games with settings they like with HD5xxx series cards, or even older. HD69xx will do quite nicely.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 9:48:31 AM

also the h60 and h80 might be to look at but i would suggest CM hyper 212 +/EVO.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 10:41:55 AM

As a quick point regarding your desire to have a dual GPU setup. Low end crossfire'd cards suffer far more from stuttering, you are far better getting the highest end card you can within your budget and crossfiring it in the future. If you can make room in your budget the 7950 can support 4 displays at once.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 9:32:03 PM

Competent technical reviews on HardwareSecrets have determined that many CM PSUs have liar labels on them, or claim to have protection circuits that are missing. That's dishonest, and a dishonest company does not deserve anyone's business, for any of their products, no matter how good. For that reason, I recommend against any of the CM "Hyper-xxxx" CPU coolers. They have equivalent (quality and price) competition, e.g. Xigmatek and Rosewill, so you need not take a hit in the wallet for refusing to support a dishonest business.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 9:38:24 PM

Onus said:
Competent technical reviews on HardwareSecrets have determined that many CM PSUs have liar labels on them, or claim to have protection circuits that are missing. That's dishonest, and a dishonest company does not deserve anyone's business, for any of their products, no matter how good. For that reason, I recommend against any of the CM "Hyper-xxxx" CPU coolers. They have equivalent (quality and price) competition, e.g. Xigmatek and Rosewill, so you need not take a hit in the wallet for refusing to support a dishonest business.

I like Corsairs brand of dishonesty cause they often Underrate there PSUs so you end up with say a legitimate 80plus Gold Psu but only pay for the Silver rating.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 9:56:10 PM

A funny way to put it, but yeah. As long as a PSU can put out the amperage it claims, under realistic conditions, then I really can't complain. If it can do more, that's just icing on the cake.
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 10:01:10 PM

Boopoo said:
I like Corsairs brand of dishonesty cause they often Underrate there PSUs so you end up with say a legitimate 80plus Gold Psu but only pay for the Silver rating.



:lol: 

Never heard of Corsair underrating their PSUs, but that sure is good to hear. XD
m
0
l
February 16, 2012 10:01:40 PM

Onus said:
A funny way to put it, but yeah. As long as a PSU can put out the amperage it claims, under realistic conditions, then I really can't complain. If it can do more, that's just icing on the cake.

And honesty which is why I hold Corsair in high regard today honesty is hard to come by in a world that rewards dishonest aberrant behavior so bravo to Corsair they will get some of my money in the future if they keep it up.
m
0
l
!