Geeksquad diagnoses team -- I know this is in the wrong catogory-sorry

D

Deleted member 217926

I would say the great members of this forum can correctly diagnose over 95% of any problems that might occur. This would of course cost you nothing.

If it came down to a point where we could not help you anymore either because of a very rare error or because you could not follow directions then I might recommend a repair shop. I would go to a local small shop before I would go to Best Buy though. You are more likely to get better service cheaper from a small shop.

shell shocke

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Okay, Thanks. The thing I'm worried about is the 'following directions' part, I know I'll get confused :lol: like the POST testing and stuff is a bit confusing I guess if they got a bit detailed on what to do exactly it'd be much easier. ;D

cpfergus1

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

I would agree with anort3, I have had friends and family members use geek squad and their basic go-to is to format your computer then charge ya $200+ without doing a lot of troubleshooting and wont even back up your drive. I have always had great luck in finding solutions to cpu problems from members of tom's hardware and even google searching. If you feel you need to bring it into a expert, definitely use a small local business and research their credentials/ratings. It will save you a lot of money in the end.