ASUS 6970 2GB making faint buzzing noise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shappywoo

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
hey quick question to anyone who maybe able to answer it, here we go

I have had a Asus 6970 2GB CU now for about 3 months no problems what so ever till i started to play guild wars again were my card started to make a faint irritating noise but only from play guild wars, i tried running other games such as TF2, Wow all on the highest settings and the card was quiet?

I seen that might be to do with the vcore of the card,the stress the cards under but i tried stress testing and its quiet.

any ideas?

if not have to contact support or find my warranty haha

Are you sure it's coming from the card and not the game itself. Try running Guild Wars and turning the volume off and see if you still hear it. If it is in fact coming from the card it is really strange that one particular game would do that.

shappywoo

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
yes,it is the card, because I unplugged the heat sink to make sure it wasn't that and it coming from that area and I had the sound off on everything due to I was trying to identify were the noise was coming from.

I been looking at other posts were it might be the something relating to Psu to the card or the card overloading on the game but i can run multiple games(not guild wars) at same time and no noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.