Help me build on a budget ~$1000

inihility

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hello everyone!

I am in the market for a new PC and want to get one built with a budget of approx. ~$1000, give or take $100-200.

I have no experience with building PCs at all so I hope some of you gurus can help me! :p

The primary uses for it will be for gaming and image/video editing. That being said I'm looking for a balanced PC (keeping bottlenecks in mind) ideally with a graphics card that is capable of running high-end games (such as Rift, Skyrim, etc.) with little difficulty. I am also not afraid of OC'ing within reason - will make me a sad panda if OC kills the hardware.\

Also looking to go for a SSD instead of a hard drive, not looking to have massive amounts of storage.

One last thing, I will be getting this to replace my 2010 21" iMac for gaming which is spec'd at:
- i5 CPU 3.60GHz
- 8GB RAM
- Radeon 5730m 256mb(?)

I hope that this is a possible endeavor and I thank you all in advance!

edit:

Approximate Purchase Date: As soon as possible

Budget Range: ~$1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Image Editing, Video Editing, Browsing

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any

Parts Preferences: No past preferences

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe but not necessary

Monitor Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Additional Comments: The quieter the better

inihility

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
@serialkiller

Thanks for the response, I'd really like to recommend a site but I don't know of any that have local prices (Hong Kong) for me, but I guess newegg.com or any popular site alike would do.

Also I'm assuming I'd need a sound card? I noticed that it isn't mentioned much when people ask others to build a PC for them.

inihility

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

I see! Thanks for the answer! :)

Still looking for some builds (with prices) within my budget!

To make things easier I think I'd definitely be going for a i5 2500K CPU unless there's a good reason not to.