mtzid14

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Im building a Gaming Computer and i have selected my parts but im questioning whether i have all the right parts

Case, COOLER MASTER CM Storm Series Trooper
Mother Board, EVGA X58 FTW3
CPU, Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
RAM, CORSAIR Vengeance 12GB (3 x 4GB)
PSU, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W
Video Card, GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB
HDD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
Optic Drive Unknown

im not going to over clock, i might Sli later if i need to with the same Video card

That is what i have chosen for this build im at 1242.75 with shipping. At Newegg

now i have a few questions will the Video Card be able to handle Mass Effect 3, Skyrim.... and the other top games on the market.

Is the power supply to big?

im looking to get to price down do you have any idea's on similar hardware that is the same/better but cost's less

I need a good optic drive any idea's?

Solution
First of all, socket 1366 is basically old technology with no upgrade path. What you really need is socket 1155. Since you do not plan on overclock, a Core i5-2400 processor will do fine. Also switch the motherboard to ASUS or Gigabyte z68. Which model you get depends on the features you want. Low or high end really does not matter as all are good. You also only need a 2x4gb(8gb) kit of DDR3 1333 ram.

That Coolermaster PSU is one of their better models, but they are lesser quality when compared to the likes of Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone or XFX. I would opt for a 750 watt Bronze certified unit just to give you a little extra buffer. It will easily handle even twin 570 cards.

The 560 Ti card will play most games at high...

tlmck

Distinguished
First of all, socket 1366 is basically old technology with no upgrade path. What you really need is socket 1155. Since you do not plan on overclock, a Core i5-2400 processor will do fine. Also switch the motherboard to ASUS or Gigabyte z68. Which model you get depends on the features you want. Low or high end really does not matter as all are good. You also only need a 2x4gb(8gb) kit of DDR3 1333 ram.

That Coolermaster PSU is one of their better models, but they are lesser quality when compared to the likes of Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone or XFX. I would opt for a 750 watt Bronze certified unit just to give you a little extra buffer. It will easily handle even twin 570 cards.

The 560 Ti card will play most games at high settings at 1080p. Here is a handy Nvidia tool that will give you some idea. http://www.geforce.com/Optimize

Here is a decent and cheap optical drive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827151244

Solution

tlmck

Distinguished
It will work, but also a bit older tech, and very overpriced for older tech. The newer z68 chip set basically combines all the functionality of the older P and H series chip sets. The newest boards are the new socket 2011, but are a bit bleeding edge still, and very pricey.

If you are looking for something in that price range, this is probably the top board in any price range. Very highly rated from numerous trustworthy review sites. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

mtzid14

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

i was looking at this motherboard i just got enough to buy all of the items on the list and was wondering if this was better then the one you recommend to me?