xbox without chip with error code 16

i ve a xbox and its for sure not cracked or modded with a chip. but
since yesterday i get the error code 16. but how is this possible? and
how can i fix it?

thx for help !!!

greets max

Jordan

doom4 wrote:
> i ve a xbox and its for sure not cracked or modded with a chip. but
> since yesterday i get the error code 16. but how is this possible?
and
> how can i fix it?
>
> thx for help !!!

Everything that I see through Google indicates that the problem is it
can't find the Dashboard. Ususally (and I'm not pointing fingers, I'm
just saying USUALLY) it's a result of a mod chip install gone bad.

Microsoft might be able to help you, try 1-800-4MY-XBOX and see what
they say.

"stock answer for error code 16:

Something has happened to the software on your xbox and it can no
longer perform properly.
You have a couple options available to resolve the issue

-Replace the motherboard and hard drive as a pair
-Replace the hard drive
-Repair the data on the hard drive
-Purchase a modchip"

- Jordan

Mike

Splendid

"doom4" <max.ebert@titoly.de> wrote in message
>i ve a xbox and its for sure not cracked or modded with a chip. but
> since yesterday i get the error code 16. but how is this possible? and
> how can i fix it?
>
> thx for help !!!
>
> greets max

Dashboard files cannot be read
either they are gone or the hard drive's best days are over

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

ask the question over at www.xbox-scene.com

"doom4" <max.ebert@titoly.de> wrote in message
>i ve a xbox and its for sure not cracked or modded with a chip. but
> since yesterday i get the error code 16. but how is this possible? and
> how can i fix it?
>
> thx for help !!!
>
> greets max

TRENDING THREADS