Onboard SCSI or Add-In card?

Would you see a performance difference or CPU utilization difference between using a MB with onboard u160 or an addin u160 adapter?

Been reading for days on storagereview and can't find anything, if the performance is the same, it would be nice to save a few dollars.

Excellence isn't acheived overnight!
1 answer Last reply
More about onboard scsi card
  1. Will you really be saving money? I'm thinking of going the expansion card route merely because it is actually less expensive. Case in point: An Asus P2BD usually goes for around $289 while it's SCSI-equipped brother, the P2BD-S costs $550 (your actual prices may vary). Granted, P2BD-S's SCSI is ancient in computer terms, I'll bet that the differences on the newer boards are similar. A SCSI controller can be found for as little as $175 and can come with everything you need to connect Ultra-SCSI 160 devices (internal and external) and legacy devices (internal and external)all at the same time.
    Go to Tekram's web site and look at the DC-390U3W and look for it at pricewatch.com. It seems to be a pretty good deal. I have an earlier posting on the forum asking for feedback on Tekram controllers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Performance SCSI CPUs Components Product