Sign in with
Your question

Crazy amount of processes

Last response: in CPUs
June 2, 2012 11:45:16 PM

I left my dad with my new build and he says he clicked buy now button on one of the trial programs the computer came with and the computer slowed down alot! I have an i5-3570k, when i finally got the task manager to pop up it said there were 3900 processes, 100% cpu usage, and 8/16gb of ram were in use!!! Anyone have any idea wtf happened? I had to turn of the outlet for it to shutdown. When i restarted everything was fine, the cpu temps were fine but i hope it was a freak occurrence.

More about : crazy amount processes

a c 283 à CPUs
June 2, 2012 11:55:45 PM

Jesus. 3900 processes? What program is it? I would just uninstall that junk as quickly as possible. Hell, even a complete reformat may be necessary.
m
l
a c 100 à CPUs
June 3, 2012 12:15:43 AM

That sounds like a browser hijacker, if it happens again try CWShredder.

At least CWShredder will eliminate any hijackers it's designed to recognize, and tell you if it's infected or not.
m
l
June 3, 2012 2:18:51 AM

DJDeCiBeL said:
Jesus. 3900 processes? What program is it? I would just uninstall that junk as quickly as possible. Hell, even a complete reformat may be necessary.

Its a trial for Cyberlink Mediaespresso, it came with the motherboard driver cd. I uninstalled it right away. I'll run a scan to see if it was a virus.
m
l
!