Looking for a specific cable I don't recognize

shoryukenleague

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a specific cable that I don't recognize, so I don't know what to search for to buy it!

It needs to be a female connection on both ends that will fit the jack pictured here:

PmnDM.jpg

If you can help me out, please do and thank you very much in advance!

shoryukenleague

Honorable
May 29, 2012
It's some kind of circuit board which connects to another circuit board for this weird video/sound thingy. I have it on good authority that it's a standard cable type of some kind. I was told it's an "8 cores flatcable(made by tinned wire)". As you can imagine, googling this information whole and in part didn't give me what I wanted.

+1 That too. A service manual will be your best be, since I doubt many people can help you out not knowing the specifics of the hardware.

shoryukenleague

Honorable
May 29, 2012
It does connect to a mother board, but I'll check out the other forum too.

I was hoping that someone could identify the jack by sight, hopefully someone comes along who's the wandering swordsman of this type of cable!

shoryukenleague

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Yes, both ends are the same. This is not the way in which this board connects to the motherboard, this is another connection to another board.

If anyone out there recognizes this jack, please let me know and thanks for everyone's help!

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006

This. Please do this. I might be able to help but I can't tell the purpose of the board (and thus deducing what the connector in question does) by only seeing the connector.

shoryukenleague

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Unfortunately I borrowed a camera to take this picture and don't have access to it right now.

I do have a picture of the cable that I need but the person who sent it to me was unable to describe in english what it is, other than: "it is 8 cores flatcable(made by tinned wire)"

Here's the pic.

lKuIe.png

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I don't have the time yet to do heavy research into this but these cables remind me a lot of what you see inside laptops and LCD screens in terms of small form factor wiring.

You do know that you could make your own cable as long as you got the cable gauge right for each strand, right? I'd imagine old CD drive audio cables would be perfect in gauge for each strand.