Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Wireless PCI Card Antenna Adapter Drivers?

Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Computers
  • Components
Last response: in Components
June 3, 2012 2:34:06 AM

I'm helping a friend set up his new computer. He is currently using the external wireless antenna provided by Dell with his old XPS computer. I can see that it plugs into a PCIex1 card on his motherboard, so I think we should be able to just pop that out and put it in the new computer, right? Unfortunately, I have no idea what model the pci card is, and I'm not sure if it would work without drivers? Any advice?

This *may* be the product he has. Will installing this driver on the new device cause him to be able to use the card?
http://i.imgur.com/Tqqre.png

More about : wireless pci card antenna adapter drivers

June 3, 2012 11:10:00 AM

You can usually see the model number printed in the PCB or via some sticker.

Or if you got connection to the internet via cable, you can install the drivers by automatically searching in the internet ( under control panel/device manager). If there is driver support for that, it will find it although not always. Good luck.
m
l
June 3, 2012 11:18:19 AM

this software should identify it

free for 30 days

http://www.aida64.com/

should be under network or pci-e devices

may not give the manufacturers name but if not it will identify the chipset used--ie atheros and model number or realtek and

model number etc
m
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
June 3, 2012 11:24:31 AM

What version of Windows are you working with?
m
l
June 3, 2012 12:36:17 PM

WR2 said:
What version of Windows are you working with?

m
l
June 3, 2012 12:38:23 PM

randomkid said:
You can usually see the model number printed in the PCB or via some sticker.

Or if you got connection to the internet via cable, you can install the drivers by automatically searching in the internet ( under control panel/device manager). If there is driver support for that, it will find it although not always. Good luck.

I've never done this before. How does one search for drivers from device manager?
m
l

Best solution

a b F Wireless
June 3, 2012 12:46:39 PM

eschooche said:
I've never done this before. How does one search for drivers from device manager?
Device Manager should also give you hardware details as well.

June 13, 2012 4:38:01 AM

Best answer selected by eschooche.
m
l
!