Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Where are the newest benchmarks?

Tags:
  • CPUs
Last response: in CPUs
June 3, 2012 6:10:00 AM

Normally I uses Anandtech for all my bench questions, but I was wondering something.

The bulldozers are claimed to have good gaming capability once overclocked. I'm looking to make the switch to Intel soon because I'm tired of AMD bottlenecking my system, however that requires a mobo switch as well. Since the bulldozers are cheaper than the 2600k (what I'm looking to get) I was wondering just how good are the bulldozers at gaming?

Honestly I'm tired of AMD letting me down. Maybe if someone has a link to a website containing benchs of the newest cpu's I can compare that to intel's benchs, so I can finalize which proc I'm going to purchase.

Again I thank anyone who posts a reply!

More about : newest benchmarks

June 3, 2012 6:20:20 AM

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2

Use that.

If you have the money for it or can get the money for it, I'd suggest switching to Intel and Nvidia hardware.

I can't deny that AMD makes powerful hardware in numbers but when it comes to shear quality and build it can't compete with Intel and Nvidia.

I've never had an AMD CPU but I do have a AMD GPU and while it is amazing almost 3 years old it still holds water against most GPU's today.

AMD is quantity over quality. And to me that isn't enough.

There are always issues with AMD hardware and software and quite frankly it sucks.

When an Nvidia driver comes out, its rarely to fix a problem, its to enhance performance of games.

When AMD comes out with drivers its to fix a problem and a new one arises.

AMD is the cheaper product but you get what you pay for. I'd suggest going with Intel on your next build. You still have a pretty decent setup I'd suggest to get some money ASAP if you are an enthusiast and are willing to spend them money, and either sell your setup now or use it as a backup or for your significant other or family. And build yourself an Intel rig.
m
l
June 3, 2012 6:35:13 AM

That bench list does not have the latest benches. If you notice there are no benchmarks for any ivy bridge or bulldozer procs, which is what I want to know.

And yes, AMD is quantity over quality and I've always had AMD procs and they've always let me down. It honestly sucks spending so much money on a computer and still feeling like it's slow. And I'm not being unreasonable here.

I will always use Nvidia and will never stop using them. And yes I plan to go intel asap. The 2600k is currently in my sights... hehehe

Prob my current AMD mobo and CPU will go to the gf, it's more than enough for her.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 185 à CPUs
June 3, 2012 6:58:04 AM

Razec69 said:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2

Use that.

If you have the money for it or can get the money for it, I'd suggest switching to Intel and Nvidia hardware.

I can't deny that AMD makes powerful hardware in numbers but when it comes to shear quality and build it can't compete with Intel and Nvidia.

I've never had an AMD CPU but I do have a AMD GPU and while it is amazing almost 3 years old it still holds water against most GPU's today.

AMD is quantity over quality. And to me that isn't enough.

There are always issues with AMD hardware and software and quite frankly it sucks.

When an Nvidia driver comes out, its rarely to fix a problem, its to enhance performance of games.

When AMD comes out with drivers its to fix a problem and a new one arises.

AMD is the cheaper product but you get what you pay for. I'd suggest going with Intel on your next build. You still have a pretty decent setup I'd suggest to get some money ASAP if you are an enthusiast and are willing to spend them money, and either sell your setup now or use it as a backup or for your significant other or family. And build yourself an Intel rig.

you do know nvidia take more cpu resources to run on intel cpu's dont you... also amd have never released a driver that actually kills cards... nvidia have more than 1s... as for the claims that nvidia have better build quality... lol....
have you heard the frozer 2 on the 580. nvidia run hotter and make more noise and require more voltage... so please if your gonna dog on a product just because of its label at least make sure your rite...

cpu wise it is wise to get an intel cpu, but gpu wise theres little in the way of performance difference when you start pricing them... if you want physx choose nvidia if you want hydra vision then amd. if you want cheap to run you choose amd when it all tots up there are more good reasons to buy an ati gfx card over an nvidia 1 but it still comes down to performance and as it stands for the next few months nvidia will have the best card out with the 680... but thats not a good reason to ignore the 7970 when it offers as good performance 1920/1080@60fps but for quite a bit less money...
after all whats the point of having 85 fps when your monitor runs at 60 fps... yeah you get 25 extra frames but a whole lot of screen tearing... so most pro gamers will use vsync and oh look 60fps rock solid by both...
pick your parts on performance to price not the label thats on em...

m
l
June 3, 2012 7:09:50 AM

Just for the record I choose Nvidia because I love physx and am a graphics snob. You might look at my system and laugh but hey we all have a budget right? My family comes before my video games, otherwise I would have a triple 670 sli system among other things... triple monitors, surround sound, high end sound card, 70$ gaming mouse... the list is endless. I simply prefer in my experience what seems to be the better quality graphics cards. We're all a little prone to bias, so now that thats clear...

Sorry for being snarky, I didn't see those 2 benchmarks there. That answers my question. Thanks!
m
l
June 3, 2012 7:11:02 AM

Best answer selected by icathelion.
m
l
June 3, 2012 1:38:02 PM

HEXiT said:
you do know nvidia take more cpu resources to run on intel cpu's dont you... also amd have never released a driver that actually kills cards... nvidia have more than 1s... as for the claims that nvidia have better build quality... lol....
have you heard the frozer 2 on the 580. nvidia run hotter and make more noise and require more voltage... so please if your gonna dog on a product just because of its label at least make sure your rite...

cpu wise it is wise to get an intel cpu, but gpu wise theres little in the way of performance difference when you start pricing them... if you want physx choose nvidia if you want hydra vision then amd. if you want cheap to run you choose amd when it all tots up there are more good reasons to buy an ati gfx card over an nvidia 1 but it still comes down to performance and as it stands for the next few months nvidia will have the best card out with the 680... but thats not a good reason to ignore the 7970 when it offers as good performance 1920/1080@60fps but for quite a bit less money...
after all whats the point of having 85 fps when your monitor runs at 60 fps... yeah you get 25 extra frames but a whole lot of screen tearing... so most pro gamers will use vsync and oh look 60fps rock solid by both...
pick your parts on performance to price not the label thats on em...

Hell big boy, have you ever heard of 3rd party manufacturers? Nvidia just makes the reference card. And your statement on AMD never killing cards, while that may be true, they still suck. Not hardware wise all the time but more specifically software wise. And anyone who is not a fanboy will admit it.

And I've never heard or witnessed an nvidia card using more CPU power. Hey it could just be that I am spoiled and have a good setup. And never have I had a problem with screen tearing. And rarely ever use V-Sync. Hell I'm telling you I'm still using a 5970 and it runs BF3 on Ultra no AA of course thats a frame gobbler, and still get from 50FPS outside and certain maps to 140 FPS. It will usually float at around 80-100FPS. If I had to give an all time average on all maps a solid 60FPS. I will actually run a benchmark with fraps for a whole round of like Rush or something to see what I get on average.

But again with all that power comes the responsibility of the driver issues I am always plagued with. But enough of that. Nvidia and Intel you can't go wrong. Everything in all is better.
m
l