Sign in with
Your question

Cpu unlocked no boot at restart

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 3, 2012 7:26:26 AM

guys i have successfully unlocked my cpu to a phenom x4
my problem is when i restart my rig, the pc wont post or no boot,

i have to press the reset button to make my pc boot with no problem.

is there any fix for this issue? i need help guys! pls.....!
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2012 8:21:43 AM

some CPU's are just not stable unlocked. You get what you get, there's no fix.
a b à CPUs
June 3, 2012 10:12:35 AM

gene_11 said:
guys i have successfully unlocked my cpu to a phenom x4
my problem is when i restart my rig, the pc wont post or no boot,

i have to press the reset button to make my pc boot with no problem.

is there any fix for this issue? i need help guys! pls.....!

When you say " i have to press the reset button to make my pc boot with no problem." do you mean that the PC will boot to Windows & when you look at task manager or CPU-Z you see all 4 cores active?
If yes, have you tested the stability of the unlock with prime95 or Intel burn test?
Related resources
June 7, 2012 3:17:24 AM

yes it paased the prime 95, does not crash, and 4 core are active!so i think its stable.
the only issue is it wont boot to windows if i dont press the reset button
a b à CPUs
June 7, 2012 4:01:10 AM

Do you mean that when your PC is off & you turn it on, it will not boot to windows.
Then if you press the reset button ( on the PC front panel ), then it will boot successfully?
June 7, 2012 11:23:01 PM

yes sir youre rite! can we fix it? it sucks thinking my pc wont boot the normal way
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 12:16:10 AM

gene_11 said:
yes sir youre rite! can we fix it? it sucks thinking my pc wont boot the normal way

It is rather strange. I unlocked 3x AMD X3 processors but never encountered this. Did this only happen when you unlocked your processor?
Prior to unlocking does it turn on the normal way via the power button?
June 8, 2012 12:34:26 AM

yap it only acts that way with the 4rt core unlocked! but once in windows theres no problem! could it be my mobo? my mobo supports up to 95w cpu. my unlocked phenom is 120w. do you think that makes the issue? my system never gets hot, it idles 37 unlocked and 27 stock. with a deepcool cooler. and a TT v3 case complete with fans
a b à CPUs
June 8, 2012 3:42:02 AM

It may be possible but seems unlikely to me, though. Have you tried overclocking it after unlocking? If yes, try to put it back to stock clock speed.

What is your motherboard & processor by the way?
June 10, 2012 12:16:50 PM

im using an msi-760g-p23 with a amd athlon ii x3 450( phenom ii x4 b50). no i dont oc
its strange coz my pc never fails with the unlocked core in windows, in fact theres a big boost in speed. as my windows index ex. reports
!