It's hilarious that any posts at Bungie.net that ask what Bungie is
doing about the racists on XBL are promptly deleted.

I guess they're starting to think that maybe they have some liability
for people's behavior in a place they (Bungie/Microsoft) host.

Anyway, someone mentioned that you can mute people during a game.
How do you do this? I thought you could only mute after a game.
When I press the Back button during the game, and bring up the player
list, I can't seem to do anything in it.

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It wouldn't solve all of the problems, but more than 90% would be solved if
you could just choose "Other Team Muted" for all of your games. That way
you could still communicate with your team. There's no reason that you need
to hear all of the insults that come from the other team.
<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's hilarious that any posts at Bungie.net that ask what Bungie is
> doing about the racists on XBL are promptly deleted.
>
> I guess they're starting to think that maybe they have some liability
> for people's behavior in a place they (Bungie/Microsoft) host.
>
> Anyway, someone mentioned that you can mute people during a game.
> How do you do this? I thought you could only mute after a game.
> When I press the Back button during the game, and bring up the player
> list, I can't seem to do anything in it.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Mitch@hotmail.com" wrote:

> It's hilarious that any posts at Bungie.net that ask what Bungie is
> doing about the racists on XBL are promptly deleted.
>
> I guess they're starting to think that maybe they have some liability
> for people's behavior in a place they (Bungie/Microsoft) host.
>
> Anyway, someone mentioned that you can mute people during a game.
> How do you do this? I thought you could only mute after a game.
> When I press the Back button during the game, and bring up the player
> list, I can't seem to do anything in it.

You can dial down the volume on the headset connector, muting everyone.

>Press the start button. Toggle left or right until

THANKS! Phew...that will help alot.

>you want to mute them, then you might want to send some negative feedback as
>well.

Yeah, I definitely do that now. These little punks need to start
learning how to curb their language. If they want to go through life
sounding like an idiot with a 3-word vocabulary, that's fine. But
they need to learn that not everyone wants to hear it constantly.

I know alot of adult gamers who are now being really diligent about
giving feeback for this. No idea if Bungie or Microsoft even look at
it, though.

So far, threats of banning aren't deterring these punks at all.
What they really need are some parents to do their job, but I suspect
most of these kids are white trash from broken homes.

<snipped>

> but I suspect most of these kids are white trash from broken homes.

And you were doing so well. :(

--
terry v

GT: terryfied

>And you were doing so well. :(

I'll be a man and agree with your sentiments there.
I figured it all already degenerated into a tirade, so "go for it."
:)

I just really do feel strongly about it. These kids are a product of
such terrible parenting, it's sad.

Mitch wrote:

> These kids are a product of such terrible parenting...

Oh, I dunno...online gaming (and Usenet) is a perfect example of the
safeness provided by the veil of anonymity. Go ahead and act out --
chances are pretty good you won't get your teeth knocked in.

--
A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!

<Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> It's hilarious that any posts at Bungie.net that ask what Bungie is
> doing about the racists on XBL are promptly deleted.
>
> I guess they're starting to think that maybe they have some liability
> for people's behavior in a place they (Bungie/Microsoft) host.

Liability? Why, because someone might get their feelings hurt? Nobody is
protected from having their feelings hurt. Just mute the volume on the
headset, and quit whining.

> >Press the start button. Toggle left or right until
>
> THANKS! Phew...that will help alot.
>

> >you want to mute them, then you might want to send some negative feedback
as
> >well.
> >

> Yeah, I definitely do that now. These little punks need to start
> learning how to curb their language. If they want to go through life
> sounding like an idiot with a 3-word vocabulary, that's fine. But
> they need to learn that not everyone wants to hear it constantly.
>
> I know alot of adult gamers who are now being really diligent about
> giving feeback for this. No idea if Bungie or Microsoft even look at
> it, though.
>
> So far, threats of banning aren't deterring these punks at all.
> What they really need are some parents to do their job, but I suspect
> most of these kids are white trash from broken homes.

That's kind of a racist and classist statement.

"Gooserider" <noway@mousepotato.com> wrote in message

> <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It's hilarious that any posts at Bungie.net that ask what Bungie is
>> doing about the racists on XBL are promptly deleted.
>>
>> I guess they're starting to think that maybe they have some liability
>> for people's behavior in a place they (Bungie/Microsoft) host.
>
> Liability? Why, because someone might get their feelings hurt? Nobody is
> protected from having their feelings hurt. Just mute the volume on the
> headset, and quit whining.

Why the hell would you pay for XBL just so you can forced to turn your
headphones down? What gives anyone a right to curse, scream, sing or
threaten you because they paid money.

"Nobody is protected from having their feelings hurt".

Bull, read the XBL agreement. What he is addressing is a failure of
MS/Bungie to follow through with that agreement. Its like the bitches on
the usenet who write message after inflammatory message because they have no
fear of retribution. The difference is, we all pay our money for Xbox Live
so there needs to be consequence. Either put them in check by banning their
account or permanently muting their account or even better, making their
personal information viewable so that they can truly be held accountable for
the things that they say to people.

> <Mitch@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>

>> >Press the start button. Toggle left or right until
>>
>> THANKS! Phew...that will help alot.
>>

>> >you want to mute them, then you might want to send some negative
>> >feedback
> as
>> >well.
>> >

>> Yeah, I definitely do that now. These little punks need to start
>> learning how to curb their language. If they want to go through life
>> sounding like an idiot with a 3-word vocabulary, that's fine. But
>> they need to learn that not everyone wants to hear it constantly.
>>
>> I know alot of adult gamers who are now being really diligent about
>> giving feeback for this. No idea if Bungie or Microsoft even look at
>> it, though.
>>
>> So far, threats of banning aren't deterring these punks at all.
>> What they really need are some parents to do their job, but I suspect
>> most of these kids are white trash from broken homes.
>
> That's kind of a racist and classist statement.

And inaccurate, especially since those would be the people least likely to
have Xbox and broadband internet.