Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm kind of leary about it,
heard some people are having problems with it. should I
install.

Rick;
Yes, you probably need SP-2.
Nothing can guarantee a faultless installation.
However preparation can help ensure a successful installation of SP-2.
See the Service Pack Installation Checklist:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm kind of leary about it,
> heard some people are having problems with it. should I
> install.

Installing SP2 is not going to get any easier, it is a much needed update
and if someone tells you to wait till they get the bugs out, SP2 will be the
same in 6 months, as it is now.
There will be fixes & security updates in the future, but the SP2 code as it
is now will remain the same, you will have to have SP2 installed in order to
get the updates.
It is not recommended to try and install SP2 as a fix for a computer that is
already having problems.

How to install SP2 update

1) Run CW Shredder

2) Run Ad-Aware SE

3) Run Spybot S&D

4) Run 2 different free virus scanners

http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp?affid=294

5) Do it all 1 more time.

6) Turn Off System Restore to delete any trash trapped in them files.
(Reboot)

7) Delete Temp & Temp. Internet files.

http://www.aarp.org/computers-howto/Articles/a2002-07-15-tempfiles.html

8) Turn System Restore back on Create a Restore Point.

9) Unplug everything except the Monitor, Keyboard, & Mouse.

10) Shutdown Virus Protection

11) Proceed with install.

--
Good Day
River_Rat

"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I haven't downloaded it yet. I'm kind of leary about it,
heard some people are having problems with it. should I
install.

interfere with certain applications and programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts