Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is the best dance game for the Xbox?

Tags:
  • Console Gaming
  • Games
  • Xbox
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:42:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I've recently purchased an Xbox and am trying to find the best dancing game and mat for the console. I've been told to look at Dance:UK and dancing stage unleashed but there is so much literature on the two. Can anyone suggest which is the best out of the two or if there are any others and which is the best mat to get.

--
Message posted via http://www.xboxjunkies.com

More about : dance game xbox

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:42:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Priya Phakey via XboxJunkies.com" <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote in message
news:f728084f79404ff5947071760354cc6a@XboxJunkies.com...
> I've recently purchased an Xbox and am trying to find the best dancing
game and mat for the console. I've been told to look at Dance:UK and
dancing stage unleashed but there is so much literature on the two. Can
anyone suggest which is the best out of the two or if there are any others
and which is the best mat to get.
>
> --
> Message posted via http://www.xboxjunkies.com

get the cheapest one that comes bundled with a pad, for a first time player
the mix doesnt really matter nor does the quality of the pad..... if you get
serious about it, get a PS2 as thats where the best DDR games are and pick
up a cobaltflux pad (www.cobaltflux.com).... im not an employee of theirs,
just a very happy customer :) 

Wurm
February 1, 2005 6:42:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

The 2005 Lawerence Welk Jam Pack is awesome! Try getting this one, the
dance mix bubble jam is simply crazy!

GMAN
"Priya Phakey via XboxJunkies.com" <forum@XboxJunkies.com> wrote in message
news:f728084f79404ff5947071760354cc6a@XboxJunkies.com...
> I've recently purchased an Xbox and am trying to find the best dancing
game and mat for the console. I've been told to look at Dance:UK and
dancing stage unleashed but there is so much literature on the two. Can
anyone suggest which is the best out of the two or if there are any others
and which is the best mat to get.
>
> --
> Message posted via http://www.xboxjunkies.com
Related resources
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 8:47:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:59:57 -0500, Wurm wrote:

> www.cobaltflux.com

I'll have to agree with this post. I have the PS2 and a mad catz pad.
I'm trying to start a regime that will allow me to buy one of these
expensive pads. The madcats pad bunches up and when it does you
may lose your place on the matt. Very annoying.

The Xbox does not really have the dance games. I bought the PS2
on the premise of the DDR thing. I had a Xbox but knew that with
DDR the PS2 was the only way. You can get many DDR games for the
PS1 that will run on your PS2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...


There are many more titles too. I think there is a new one that combines
the Eye Toy with the Pad. So to do this right you have to use a PS2.
Anonymous
February 3, 2005 11:26:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

"Christopher Fowler" <cfowler@NOSPAM.linxdev.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.02.02.22.47.53.921041@NOSPAM.linxdev.com...
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:59:57 -0500, Wurm wrote:
>
> > www.cobaltflux.com
>
> I'll have to agree with this post. I have the PS2 and a mad catz pad.
> I'm trying to start a regime that will allow me to buy one of these
> expensive pads. The madcats pad bunches up and when it does you
> may lose your place on the matt. Very annoying.

if you're really into the game, its worth the price. I pondered over the
purchase for a number of months before finally breaking down and buying one.
Takes a couple of days to get used to the pad when coming from the low
quality soft pads but once you do, its impossible to go back. And the first
time you get a AA on a 9 footer makes the price you paid for the pad worth
it :-).

> The Xbox does not really have the dance games. I bought the PS2
> on the premise of the DDR thing. I had a Xbox but knew that with
> DDR the PS2 was the only way. You can get many DDR games for the
> PS1 that will run on your PS2.
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=...
>
>
> There are many more titles too. I think there is a new one that combines
> the Eye Toy with the Pad. So to do this right you have to use a PS2.
>

DDR-Extreme, the latest one on the PS2 uses the eye toy for some extra mini
games as well as a few different versions of the standard game, more of a
gimmick than anything and not one that I've ever cared about trying, the
game itself has a decent mix though so its worth it none the less. But yet,
overall, PS2 is definetly the way to go for Bemani games.

Wurm
Anonymous
February 4, 2005 11:54:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Canavi" <Canavi.1jwroa@usenet.genxbox.com> wrote in message
news:Canavi.1jwroa@usenet.genxbox.com...
>
> Errr.... Kinda obvious.... DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION... I mean... What
> else?
>
>
> --
> Canavi
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Canavi's Profile: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/member.php?userid=311
> View this thread: http://www.genxbox.com/vb/showthread.php?t=14858
>

different names in the UK for those games
!