Sign in with
Your question

Trittons ax720 no surround sound

Last response: in Components
June 3, 2012 5:23:50 PM

Hi all just got some new Trittons AX720 and I am sure they are not giving me surround sound. I do NOT have a sound card but sure my motherboard supports 7.1. I am using it via optical cable.

Board is a ASUS z68-gen3

Thanks in advanced.
June 3, 2012 5:30:47 PM

On the controller that comes with the headset, is surround sound enabled? In the games you are playing, is 5.1 surround sound enabled?
June 3, 2012 9:26:05 PM

There is no option on the mix amp for surround but on the hub there our lights and all our on but one and that is the dolby 5.1 mode but there is a pro logic llx mode and that is on. Do I need a sound card. I am running optical mode btw. Thanks for reply
Related resources
June 3, 2012 9:28:46 PM

Read instruction manual, turn on the Dolby 5.1 mode on. It's a virtual surround sound headset.
June 3, 2012 10:17:21 PM

I have read the instruction manual a million times there is no button to active 5.1 I think I need a sound card. Thanks for help though.
June 4, 2012 1:54:14 AM

Is surround sound enabled in Windows and in the Asus software?
June 4, 2012 11:59:34 AM

Where will I find this setting in windows mate?
June 4, 2012 5:16:35 PM

Quote:
optical cable

Theres the problem. Optical can only transmit 5.1 if Dolby/DTS is used. And most PC audio does NOT use either of these formats. As such, you need a soundcard to handle the realtime encoding of uncompressed 5.1 to either Dolby or DTS in order to get 5.1 using optical.
June 5, 2012 10:19:10 AM

gamerk316 said:
Quote:
optical cable

Theres the problem. Optical can only transmit 5.1 if Dolby/DTS is used. And most PC audio does NOT use either of these formats. As such, you need a soundcard to handle the realtime encoding of uncompressed 5.1 to either Dolby or DTS in order to get 5.1 using optical.

Thanks gamerk. I am looking at some Asus DS
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-xonar-ds-7-1-channel...

and maybe get some mid range 5.1 surround sound for time being. Then save for some trittons again as I took them back and sort of realized I need a sound card. Would this sound card be enough for true 5.1 or even 7.1. Thanks again mate for you reply. :) 
June 5, 2012 12:00:14 PM

The DS has the ability to encode to DTS, but not Dolby. I forget offhand if Trittons typically support DTS, or only Dolby technologies.
!