Randomly started to buy computer parts...need your magical touch!

jcoquito

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
Hello everyone!
Although this is my first post, I've been a creeper on these forums for several years (I usually found an answer by reading through the posts). Unfortunately there was not a clear one and I now have to waste some server space and your time ^_^...Soooo here's my story...

The Story
I've been desktop-less for about 6 months and been rockin life on a macbook pro (Producing music and dj'in as a hobby). Being a nerd-rager-gamer for the past 10 years of my life, the bootcamped macbook pro wouldn't fulfill my cravings for 1920x1200 max video settings on games like Skyrim, BF3, SC2 (it lags in massive battles), etc. So after getting a bonus from work, I decided to start a building a computer in parts over the span of 2 months. The reason I'm choosing 2 months is because I want the nVidia Kepler cards that are expected to be out around April. Since everything is being bought over time, there really isn't a set budget...but try to keep things in reasonable because I need that gas money to get to work.

The Current Parts
Case: CM Storm Trooper
PSU: OCZ ZT Series 750W Fully-Modular
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

The Problem
My previous builds were low-budget so every part inside made it look like a rainbow...This time though, I want to go with a black\red theme. The black case with red lights, the red RAM sticks, and me ripping off the yellow label from the PSU. With that in mind I need help choosing a LGA 1155 motherboard. Since I'm going Kepler, I was thinking one with PCI-e 3.0...now that limits me to Gen3 boards...And all of them are black and blue. The only few options I found were:
ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3

I would like it to be sub-$200 but if the sub-$300 boards are worth the money then I will look definitely into it. Also, I chose Intel strictly based off benchmark reviews so if there is a better option with AMD, let me know!

TLDR:
I want a black\red theme computer but is unable to find\choose a Gen3 mobo that will look nice with the build. I willing to take other recommendations (AMD build, pci 2.0, etc).

Thank you for your time!

I forgot about the template! =X

Approximate Purchase Date: Completing the build by May

Budget Range: 1200-1400

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Pure Gaming

Parts Not Required: Case, PSU, RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, and Mouse Pad

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and authorized dealers

Parts Preferences: Intel and Nvidia

Overclocking: Most Definitely

SLI or Crossfire: In the future. I will drop mad cash for one card when they release

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200

Additional Comments: Black and Red THEME!!!!!! Woop woop!