Negotiate a bill?

I started up with Cingular on the 450 minutes thing. But by the
time I realized how much I was using it I had cranked to over
2000. I've since upped the plan but now I got a $1100 bill for
that 2nd month.

It's correct and it is my fault for not tracking them better. If
I had had the right plan in the first place, the same # of
minutes would have cost me $150 and would have cost them the
same.

Anyone ever try to negotiate them down? Any success? Who'd you
get a hold of? What was your argument?

Any advice appreciated.Hysterical cackling, finger pointing,
pity, scold looks...not so much.

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

Any agent you speak to has the power to give you 25% off of any bill. I had
a similar situation a few months ago because I forgot to track my rollover
minutes which I was trying to use up. I got a bill for $650 and they
knocked 25% off. If you don't have a contract you can negotiate a better
discount by threatening to take your business to another provider. However
if you have a contract it' s hard to egt anything more than that 25% because
they have you by the b*lls.

"Poseur" <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I started up with Cingular on the 450 minutes thing. But by the
time I realized how much I was using it I had cranked to over
2000. I've since upped the plan but now I got a $1100 bill for
that 2nd month.

It's correct and it is my fault for not tracking them better. If
I had had the right plan in the first place, the same # of
minutes would have cost me $150 and would have cost them the
same.

Anyone ever try to negotiate them down? Any success? Who'd you
get a hold of? What was your argument?

Any advice appreciated.Hysterical cackling, finger pointing,
pity, scold looks...not so much.

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

Poseur <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote in

> I started up with Cingular on the 450 minutes thing. But by
> the time I realized how much I was using it I had cranked
> to over 2000. I've since upped the plan but now I got a
> $1100 bill for that 2nd month.

Answering my own question??? (Poseur, I thought I told you to
always do a google group search first!)

1/24/04 Todd Allcock wrot:

> Not if there is actually an error. Plus, Cingular is good
> about "rerating" people. For example, let's say you're on a
> 400 minute plan for $40, but you used 2000 minutes this month.
> If you catch it before the billl cycle ends, they'll switch
> you a bigger plan that month, to reduce your coverage

I checked back. Cingular confirmed that I had changed my plan to
2000 minutes on 6/16 and my billing cycle started again on 6/20.

Todd Allcock (great name BTW), you still out there?

--
Poseur
"That's just kooky talk." --Kramer

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Poseur wrote:
> Poseur <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

>>I started up with Cingular on the 450 minutes thing. But by
>>the time I realized how much I was using it I had cranked
>>to over 2000. I've since upped the plan but now I got a
>>$1100 bill for that 2nd month.
>

> Answering my own question??? (Poseur, I thought I told you to
> always do a google group search first!)
>
> 1/24/04 Todd Allcock wrot:
>

>>Not if there is actually an error. Plus, Cingular is good
>>about "rerating" people. For example, let's say you're on a
>>400 minute plan for $40, but you used 2000 minutes this month.
>>If you catch it before the billl cycle ends, they'll switch
>>you a bigger plan that month, to reduce your coverage
>

> I checked back. Cingular confirmed that I had changed my plan to
> 2000 minutes on 6/16 and my billing cycle started again on 6/20.
>
> Todd Allcock (great name BTW), you still out there?

I'm not Todd, but you owe that CSR lunch. A big lunch.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Am I the only one who uses *646# and the website to check my minutes on
my Family Plan????

--
MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
Captain (ret.) KCPD

Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
it is MUCH more important than that.

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.
"Jer" <gdunn@airmail.ten> wrote in message
> Poseur wrote:
> > Poseur <julioYODUDEcastaneda@yahoo.com> wrote in
> >

> >>I started up with Cingular on the 450 minutes thing. But by
> >>the time I realized how much I was using it I had cranked
> >>to over 2000. I've since upped the plan but now I got a
> >>$1100 bill for that 2nd month.
> >

> > Answering my own question??? (Poseur, I thought I told you to
> > always do a google group search first!)
> >
> > 1/24/04 Todd Allcock wrot:
> >

> >>Not if there is actually an error. Plus, Cingular is good
> >>about "rerating" people. For example, let's say you're on a
> >>400 minute plan for $40, but you used 2000 minutes this month.
> >>If you catch it before the billl cycle ends, they'll switch
> >>you a bigger plan that month, to reduce your coverage
> >

> > I checked back. Cingular confirmed that I had changed my plan to
> > 2000 minutes on 6/16 and my billing cycle started again on 6/20.
> >
> > Todd Allcock (great name BTW), you still out there?
> >

> I'm not Todd, but you owe that CSR lunch. A big lunch.
>
> --
> jer
> email reply - I am not a 'ten'

"Michael MacMahon" <maccop@worldnet.att.net> wrote in
t:

> Am I the only one who uses *646# and the website to
> check my minutes on
> my Family Plan????

Now there are 2.