Taskbar won't retain settings after reboot.

September 26, 2004 10:37:21 PM

For the past few months I have looked high and low to find
a solution for this, but nothing works. I currently have
my taskbar at the bottom of the screen with 2 toolbars.
If I remove a toolbar, move the taskbar, or resize
anything on the taskbar all changes are lost after
rebooting. I tried the registry thing with
the "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 but no luck. Any
suggestions anyone?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 12:44:10 AM

Line #54 - Save Settings on Exit - Don't Save Settings
Try the one that states: "Save Settings on exit"

"Bobert Hepker" <boberthepker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the past few months I have looked high and low to find
> a solution for this, but nothing works. I currently have
> my taskbar at the bottom of the screen with 2 toolbars.
> If I remove a toolbar, move the taskbar, or resize
> anything on the taskbar all changes are lost after
> rebooting. I tried the registry thing with
> the "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 but no luck. Any
> suggestions anyone?
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 9:48:03 AM

The "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 in the registry finaly
worked after rebooting more than 3 times.

September 28, 2004 11:14:26 AM

"Bobert Hepker" <boberthepker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| For the past few months I have looked high and low to find
| a solution for this, but nothing works. I currently have
| my taskbar at the bottom of the screen with 2 toolbars.
| If I remove a toolbar, move the taskbar, or resize
| anything on the taskbar all changes are lost after
| rebooting. I tried the registry thing with
| the "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 but no luck. Any
| suggestions anyone?

Disable nVidia Desktop Helper Service
September 28, 2004 11:14:27 AM

Download an Ad-Ware program, you have been bugged. Same
thing happened to me.

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 11:14:27 AM

I have an ATI card.

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 11:14:28 AM

I do tech support for DSL, I know all about adware and
spyware. I use spybot, ad-aware, spysweeper, and norton
anti-virus and all are kept up to date. I am not bugged.

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 10:57:15 AM

"Bobert Hepker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm