Taskbar won't retain settings after reboot.

For the past few months I have looked high and low to find
a solution for this, but nothing works. I currently have
my taskbar at the bottom of the screen with 2 toolbars.
If I remove a toolbar, move the taskbar, or resize
anything on the taskbar all changes are lost after
rebooting. I tried the registry thing with
the "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 but no luck. Any
suggestions anyone?
7 answers Last reply
More about taskbar retain settings reboot

    Line #54 - Save Settings on Exit - Don't Save Settings
    Try the one that states: "Save Settings on exit"

    "Bobert Hepker" <boberthepker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For the past few months I have looked high and low to find
    > a solution for this, but nothing works. I currently have
    > my taskbar at the bottom of the screen with 2 toolbars.
    > If I remove a toolbar, move the taskbar, or resize
    > anything on the taskbar all changes are lost after
    > rebooting. I tried the registry thing with
    > the "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 but no luck. Any
    > suggestions anyone?

    The "NoSaveSettings" set to 0 in the registry finaly
    worked after rebooting more than 3 times.

    Disable nVidia Desktop Helper Service

    Download an Ad-Ware program, you have been bugged. Same
    thing happened to me.

    I have an ATI card.

    I do tech support for DSL, I know all about adware and
    spyware. I use spybot, ad-aware, spysweeper, and norton
    anti-virus and all are kept up to date. I am not bugged.

    "Bobert Hepker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
    | I do tech support for DSL, I know all about adware and
    | spyware. I use spybot, ad-aware, spysweeper, and norton
    | anti-virus and all are kept up to date. I am not bugged.
    | >>"Bobert Hepker" <boberthepker@discussions.microsoft.com>
    | >wrote
    | with 2 toolbars.

    http://www.winxptutor.com/wsaremove.htm

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Customization Windows XP