maazcheema

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
My Asus GTX 560 ti DC2 downclocks to 405 and sometimes 51 mhz core clock from 830 Mhz default while i play games. I dont know what the problem is..Also im begining to notice some blocky shadows in all the games like bf3 and mw3..i don t know weather its related or not..my specs are as follows

Intel core2 due E 7400 2.8
CM 850 watt PSU
Driver version 290.36
Win 7 64 bit
4 GBram

Also the problem gets fixed for sometime after i restart..

the downclocking stuff happens even in the game. for examples in some games when the game load new level the clock will downclock to 405mhz. but you can set the clock at its peak clock at all times via control panel. just set the power management mode to 'prefer maximum performance'. btw i agree with recon-uk about your processor bottlenecking your card.

maazcheema

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
The downclock happens during gameplay..the gpu load shows 0 percent on Nvidia inspector..strangely enough i dont experience any lag in gameplay or drop of fps..Also it happens on all the games like bf3 mw3 skyrim starcraft etc..

Actually the card is saving your electric bill then :)

try gpu-z or msi after burner

This does happen normally but lets explore this and make sure there isn't a real problem behind all this. When gpu load is low or non existent the drivers will downclock the card to save on power and reduce heat. The other is worse, downclocking due to overheating when it reaches throttle point to try to keep temps down.