Gainward gtx 570 GLH

Mlaki_73

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hi,

I am having 2 Gainward 570 GLH cards in SLI and I have a doubt about cooling.

These cards are non-reference cards with axial blowing fans, meaning air is sucked through bracket and blown in the case. There is a lot of heat created and I have experimented with side fans:
a) if it works as an intake it clashes with hot air coming from graphics card radiators, maybe creating a stalling air?
b) or (currently) as an exhaust it takes out hot air from graphics card radiators

The sistem is not going to be overclocked in any case, nor processor or graphics card, and I am more looking for optimal solution to reduce the noise, which is under load quite heavy.

Can someone tell me which one is better solution for side fan, exhaust or intake for axial vented cards?

Also, I am interested in a liquid cooled blocks for these graphic cards, but I am not sure if anything fits and what size of radiator I would need to cool 2 cards (shorter version with 2*6 pins). I have no idea if ek waterblock 5X0 would fit?

Here is my configuration:

Thermaltake Armor A60 case with 4 fans (1 intake: front (75 cfm) and 3 currently exhaust fans: top (65 cfm), rear (50 cfm), side (50 cfm))
PSU Coolermaster 1200W
Asrock P67 Extreme 4 rev. b3
Intel i5-2600k with stock cooler
2xGainward 570 GLH (9 inch length, version with 2*6 pins)
8 Gb DDR3 Vengance
500 Gb HDD

monsta

Splendid
What temps are you getting?

I prefer to have the side fan exhausting as it removes the hot air blown out from the cards out of the case faster. If they were reference cards I'd say the opposite.

Mlaki_73

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
That was exactly my conclusion before asking for a second opinion here. How to deal with the fact that my exhaust air flow is higher that intake? Are there any side effects?

TRENDING THREADS