  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 26, 2004 11:44:19 PM

How can I narrow the columns? The menu listing "runs
off" the edge of my screen, thus hiding programs. Can I
set up special folders (i.e. groups) and move my program
listings into the groups or will this screw up my
registry pointers? Joy

More about : start programs menu

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 12:42:30 AM

Rearranging the Start Menu
Right click Start button
Select Explore and/or Explore All Users.
Then open the Programs folder.
Create new subfolders then rearrange shortcuts.
OR
You can also configure your programs list to scroll which results in one large
column.
Right-click the Start button
Go to Properties
Click the Customize button.
Click the Advanced tab.
Scroll through the list until you see the item "Scroll Programs".
Check that and hit OK.

!