Intel Heatsink fan won't fit no matter what!!

yamajee

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys,

so I've bought this new Zalman HSF and looks like it's made for a different socket CPU so I decided to put back my previous HSF which is the intel heatsink fan (got an intel mobo with core 2 duo as the CPU) and it won't fit no matter what, the fasteners are being really annoying! I tried doing everything for over 2 hours including clicking really hard I'm afraid to do it any harder because I know the mobo will break, I tried to do the lock positions in every style possible, flipped it in every angle and direction possible, I merely did everrrrrrything and it just won't fit, I thought of super-gluing it stuck as this computer is my second/alternative computer and I'm not planning to upgrade it because it's like a file server for my things.

Any help is appreciated.

Once you determine the correct position for the locking tabs, you simply have to line up the other three in the same position; I listen for the distinct click sound when the tabs seat into the board, and turn over the board to see if all the tabs are seated evenly; it's best to remove the board and turn it over if you're not sure the tabs are seated evenly.

make sure the pins are pushed up so that the clips are closed till they go into the mb they you want the clips to spread. on the intel after market coolers you have to look at the pattern that comes with the install guild. most times 1300 sb chips are on the outside of the cooler the next set in would be 1155/1156. the most inside screw pattern is 775. also check that your using the intel plate not the amd plate.