Buying within HOURS, need last lookover/confirmation

QuietPC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Was there a specific budget and what are you planning to do with the box?

thebillydangerous

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
no need for an os, i'll install my own.
and overpaying? nobody else mentioned that when i posted almost all these same parts before...
the newegg prices changed in the last few days, so i tweaked a few items- i just want to make sure anything i tweaked will still work happily together.

thebillydangerous

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012

that refurb vid card is the highest end vidcard i can afford, i think.

i know it's the lowest PSU that will power this rig, but i don't intend to upgrade, and i'm told thats a reputable /dependable brand.

the mobo is the same story, i just don't plan to upgrade, at least i think.

SingingThroughTheStorm

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Maxing WoW shouldn't be too tasking. I don't think overpaying was necessarily the right word. You are pretty much paying the standard price for all the parts, but you can get the parts cheaper than that. If you buy one part at a time (the case), Newegg usually sends a coupon that gives 10%+ off another part.

I got the same PSU for $40 (maybe $45, can't remember) with a free $15 Gift Card.
Newegg often has good PSUs go on ShellShocker as well.

thebillydangerous

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
oh right, well i definitely feel you on that; that most of these items could be found at a better price if one was willing to wait and shop vigilantly. but i'm just trying put together my first pc, with the best parts i can manage RIGHT NOW and at this price point. and yeah, i know wow is on the low end of videogaming anyway, as far as graphics are concerned, so i feel that helps my budget situation.

QuietPC

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012

Then if the bug has bitten you and the money is buring a hole in your pocket go for it.

thebillydangerous

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
i bought exactly the components on the list. guys, i could NOT be happier with my first build ever. i want to thank everyone on the answering end here at Tom's forum once again, you guys led a novice to a real sweet setup, and i couldn't be happier with what i got.