Need help for forum usage/rights issues

fslateef

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

I need help with forum usage and rights issues. I can't edit my posted messages ? And how I can mark thread started by me as SOLVED ? I recently started two threads and both are now SOLVED but I can't edit them or mark them SOLVED

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks

Fawad Lateef

P.S trying to do a quick edit to test as suggested, also I can select best answer the problem was with selection of best answer I have to create question thread not discussion thread. Yesterday I figured the out. This is the first time I saw these types of threads like question, discussion and poll and I like it :)

You should be able to edit your post by using the Edit (left button) or Quick Edit (middle button).

You can't mark your own responses as best answer, but if nobody else has replied, and yours is the best answer, a moderator can select it as best answer.

fslateef

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
I used left button to EDIT (obviosuly this is not the first time I am using any forum); but whenever I try to post my edited response I always get "You are not allowed to edit this message error". Also I can't see any option to select best answer, even I can't do thumbs up/down for anyone.

There is some issue with my account permission I think. Can you have a look at it please ?

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
For your [Solved] think you might need to connect a moderator to say, or the like. Not sure what all extents of forum moderation might be here myself.

Having a solved for yourself might be a good idea and useful, but with probably an idea of use of thread with others there might be an interest of solved at times to say. Rather believable to say or not, or actually an interest for difference i dont know. To say a place of interest hasn't had a place for say of difference probably not. But most threads and posts would say so, yes? Maybe not.