NZXT Phantom 410 i5 2500K build

pulseheartbeat

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
So I went about my first build this month and managed to get to the finish line! Was a toss up between buying a good value barebone bundle or settling for buying the individual components and the NZXT Phantom 410 which I fell in love with.

In the end, I chose to go with the latter. After many scratchings of the head and the frustration, it's all worth it when you see your rig up and running.

I think the most daunting process was installing the motherboard into the case for me. I've changed hard drives, graphics cards etc but the next level up was the components such as the motherboard and PSU.

My first advice to an amateur starting their first rig is READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. For example, I didn't mount the motherboard onto the standoffs that were provided with the case therefore the motherboard was literally attached to the steel case (not good).

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
CASE: NZXT Phantom 410 Black Case
MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 XMP
GRAPHICS: Sapphire HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card
PSU: OCZ Technology ZS Series 750W 80+ Bronze Power Supply
MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 DDR3 ATX USB 3.0
DVD DRIVE: Lite-On DVD Burner
HDD: 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green and 1.5TB Samsung EcoGreen F2

Thanks to everybody that helped (you know who you are) really appreciate it!

pulseheartbeat

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
240yjr8.jpg

tavoe

Honorable
Feb 25, 2012
I'm putting together a computer in the same case, Two questions: Did it seem to matter if you hooked up the PSU with the fan facing up or down? 2) Were you able to make the "fan controller" work? If so, how? I figured out how to plug the fans into it, and found the molex cable, but does it attach to the MOBO anywhere/