Status
Not open for further replies.

scraw12

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hello,
I want to change my video card from nVidia GeForce 9500 to something else. How
do I know which card will work in my Hp Pavilion Elite m9500y. My motherboard is MS-7548 (Aspen)useing Windows Vista 64 with an PCI Express x16 interface

Solution
D
With a PCI Express slot you can use just about any modern graphics card. What you are limited by is your power supply.
Post the wattage and 12v amps and we will see what you can upgrade to with the existing unit. You probably are not going to be able to go much more powerful than what you have without a power supply upgrade as well though.
Also post the rest of your system specs, CPU, RAM ect.
D

Deleted member 217926

With a PCI Express slot you can use just about any modern graphics card. What you are limited by is your power supply.
Post the wattage and 12v amps and we will see what you can upgrade to with the existing unit. You probably are not going to be able to go much more powerful than what you have without a power supply upgrade as well though.
Also post the rest of your system specs, CPU, RAM ect.

Solution

scraw12

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Motherboard - MS-7548 (Aspen),
Processor - Phenom X4 9750,
Memory – 8GB Speed: PC2-6400 MB/sec,
Sound/Audio - Integrated Realtek ALC888S Audio,
Hard Drive - 750 GB SATA Transfer rating: 3.0 Gb/sec 7200 RPM,
CD/DVD disc drive DVD+/-R/RW 16X 12X +/-DL LS 12X RAM SuperMulti SATA drive, Power Supply - 350W ---- Thank you for your help!!

scraw12

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

You have been the most help so far, but I am new to this forum and somehow my problem has been marked solved, but it isn't yet.

I did post my system specs. Thanks again

D

Deleted member 217926

Ok I missed asking you 2 very important things in my last post. What resolution do you play at and what is your budget?
With an OEM 350w power supply you are going to be pretty limited in what you can do. So very likely we are going to have to add a new power supply in your budget.

scraw12

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
I don't play games on my computer. Other than doing some online courses, I just do the basic stuff like, e-mail a little on line research etc.. As far as the video card goes, The one that's in there I think online is around $160.00. I really don't want to pay that much, but if I have to, I guess I'll have to. like I said I don't do gaming. I was thinking about the power supply also. If I were to upgrade the power supply What could I buy that would be enough power so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.