Status
Not open for further replies.

scraw12

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hello,
I want to change my video card from nVidia GeForce 9500 to something else. How
do I know which card will work in my Hp Pavilion Elite m9500y. My motherboard is MS-7548 (Aspen)useing Windows Vista 64 with an PCI Express x16 interface

Solution
it depends on a lot of stuff and not just the motherboard...
apparently it has pci express x16 so any current video card should work fine with it
i looked at a picture of the Hp Pavilion Elite m9500y and i noticed that there is not much space there for a GPU
so you should check to see how long of a video card you can plug fit in that case
what you should really be worried about is if your power supply can handle the graphics card...
hp usually uses a cheap generic power supply to keep costs low which works just fine for the current setup but add a new and a bit more power hungry gpu or cpu and it can fail

tomate2

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
it depends on a lot of stuff and not just the motherboard...
apparently it has pci express x16 so any current video card should work fine with it
i looked at a picture of the Hp Pavilion Elite m9500y and i noticed that there is not much space there for a GPU
so you should check to see how long of a video card you can plug fit in that case
what you should really be worried about is if your power supply can handle the graphics card...
hp usually uses a cheap generic power supply to keep costs low which works just fine for the current setup but add a new and a bit more power hungry gpu or cpu and it can fail

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.