Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question


Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2011 8:14:04 PM

I am attempting to use two monitors, one has only VGA port and the other has a VGA and DVI port. Neither monitor has HDMI. Computer has one VGA output and one HDMI. Do I need a "converter" or will a cable that adapts HDMI to VGA work?

More about : hdmi vga dvi

a c 251 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 18, 2011 8:41:52 PM

Since you can connect the monitor with the vga to vga that you have then you need a hdmi to dvi cable for the other , there are adaptors that are hdmi to dvi and you can plug in to a hdmi port and then plug in a dvi cable. Something like this would work.
Related resources
December 18, 2011 10:06:42 PM

Thanks guys for the quick responses. What I am trying to decide is whether I can just use a cable that takes me from HDMI to VGA or DVI OR whether I need a actual 'CONVERTER". The cables are cheap -- the converters are a bit more costly.

a b U Graphics card
December 19, 2011 12:14:55 AM

just get what ever cheaper, i would advise just cable if don't got other cable+adapter since they introduce extra connection witch is newer good,
dvi and hdmi is pretty much same technology with different plug no need for converter its just plug