Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will the gtx 460 fit in a gateway sx2803

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 18, 2011 9:09:57 PM

Mgislason said:
Will a Gtx 460 fit in a gateway sx2803?

I don't believe so. The sx2803 although it has a PCI Expressx16 slot, the specs indicate that the replacement graphics card needs to be a half-height card. I think you would be hard pressed to find a 460 in half height, assuming that one exists. Also, the power supply in this machine would also be a limiting factor, it doesn't appear to be a standard size and therefore you would also be limited in sourcing an appropriate power supply that could power a higher spec graphics card.
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2011 10:18:28 PM

All in all, your case is the problem. If you upgrade that, you can fit the 460. Of course, with a new quality 500W PSU.
Related resources
December 21, 2011 2:11:14 AM

acerace said:
All in all, your case is the problem. If you upgrade that, you can fit the 460. Of course, with a new quality 500W PSU.

If I bought a new full size case, I could transfer all the parts and I could fit q new psu and a graphics card? Any ideas for cases or psu's?
Score
December 21, 2011 2:13:41 AM

natemare said:
I don't believe so. The sx2803 although it has a PCI Expressx16 slot, the specs indicate that the replacement graphics card needs to be a half-height card. I think you would be hard pressed to find a 460 in half height, assuming that one exists. Also, the power supply in this machine would also be a limiting factor, it doesn't appear to be a standard size and therefore you would also be limited in sourcing an appropriate power supply that could power a higher spec graphics card.

If I bought a new case, would I be able to transfer all the parts and the graphics card and a new psu?
Score
December 21, 2011 7:23:51 PM

Best answer selected by Mgislason.
Score
!