Looking for a new headset for gaming.

langstondog

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012
Hi, recently I have gone through about 6 headsets that easily break. I was hoping to find a headset (with mic) that would be very durable and nice for gaming. My spending limit is 100 dollars.

The Roccat Kave is a very well-built headset, and has 5.1 surround drivers in the ear cups. It is quite large and not everybody's cup of tea, but it sounds fantastic with a good sound card and is very well built (good foam, heavy-duty plastic, and metal hinges)

Question: How important is surround?
Question 2: Do you have a soundcard with any virtulization features

Assuming yes to both, the best option is probably a stereo headset combined with virtualized surround.

As for mics, don't go bonkers over them. A decent clip on mic will suffice. Don't sacrifice quality over a mic.

robboelrobbo

Honorable
Jun 6, 2012
Don't buy a headset. I've been there, done that, and learned my lesson. Just get a nice pair of headphones and a separate clip on mic (Zalman has a great one). I've used that Corsair headset, Turtle Beach X3's, and Astro A40's, and none of them come close to my Audio Technica ATH-M50/Zalman mic combo. Way cheaper this way, plus I've got a nice pair of all-purpose headphones instead of something I could only use for gaming.

Those Corsairs aren't even true surround by the way. False advertising. Plus they have no bass whatsoever. Complete junk.

Tell me the number of TRUE Surround sound headets compared to the amount of Virtual surround sound headsets :)