Upgrading Radeon HD 5770, 300$ budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

micaso

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Well, here's my attempt at following the board sticky. I hope there's enough information on it!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: This week, probably by Tuesday. BUDGET RANGE: My limit is $300.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Generally gaming. I'm looking for a card that'll run Battlefield 3 at highest settings, for example.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 5770 and OCZ 700W Fatal1ty Series

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T; MoBo: Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3; Memory: Two 4GB DDR3 sticks. I'm currently cooling my machine with a Corsair H60 Water Cooling System. My case is a Sentey DS1-4246.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I don't really have a preferred website. Although i have purchased from ebay and from amazon before.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Argentina.

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preferences, i'm just searching for the best compatible card with my rig.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I'm not sure if my MoBo allows it..

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1366 x 768

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I'm actually trying to figure out if i should stay with my Radeon HD 5770 or not. Given my rig, i'm not completely convinced the first thing on my to-do list is to upgrade my GPU. If it would make a significant difference, i'll definitely go for it. I'd like opinions on other components of my rig, though. If i should put aside upgrading my GPU and upgrade something else.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

halolll

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
Im currently running a HD 5770 at 1650 x 900 (or whatever it is) with a phenom i x3 at 2.1 ghz and getting playable FPS on BF3 with only a few settings not maxed and AA off, you should be fine with the 5770 at 1366 x 768. If you dont have a SSD already you might want to consider grabbing one of them to cut down on your load times and improve the overall performance of your system. You didnt mention if you had overclocked your 1055t, so if you have not I would consider overclocking your cpu to get some more performance.

micaso

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.