my iMac doesn\'t recognize any of the other PC\'s or devices on my network. Can

sheducki

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011
Had to replace my ethernet switch. Now my iMac doesn't recognize the shared document files on other PC.'s in the network, nor the network storage drive, and I can't print to the network printer. It shows the printer as 'available' with an IP address, but it never prints, just says 'printing'.

Changing up a switch should have zero impact on your network (other than add more capacity). Are you sure it's only a switch, and not say, another router? Sometimes ppl try to reuse an old router as a switch, which is fine, as long as you disable its DHCP server and only use the LAN ports (ignore the WAN port).

sheducki

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2011

Well, I know it's a switch, cause I shopped both switches and routers and found the switches to be cheaper, so I stayed with a switch. Just now, however, after clicking on the 'apple' to go to 'preferences', I noticed 'recent places', and in it it listed 'servers', of which one is my network storage drive. I clicked on it, and 'finder' came up, now showing the drive, and one of my 3 PC's that are turned on. Seconds later, my print came out of the printer! It was sent many minutes before! I'll stay with it and see if the others will show up. Thanks for the quick reply. It's nice to know help is out there!

TRENDING THREADS