Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Samsung NP300e4z s 06

Last response: in CPUs
Share
June 4, 2012 5:40:06 AM

Hello,
I would like to buy a laptop Samsung np300e4z s06 intel core i3, 2.40Ghz 3 MB L3, 4Gb DDR3, NVIDIA geforce gt 520 1gb

what do you think about CPU? I've read HM65 chipset was recalled last year.

is it a better choice AMD quad core?

but people says intel processors are faster and cooler. what do you think?

More about : samsung np300e4z

June 4, 2012 8:59:59 AM

Hi helenora,

Please tell me your CPU Model. I Mean Core i3 [MODEL NAME]. Yes, AMD's QUAD CORE processors outperform Intel's Core i3 but only in multi-threaded performance.
What you want from your new Laptop? I mean, will you be gaming with it or its just for everyday use?

Regards,
SmartGeek
m
0
l
a c 203 à CPUs
a b å Intel
June 4, 2012 11:00:42 AM

The HM65 motherboard recall 15-16 months ago won't be an issue for any new notebook.

What's the main purpose of the notebook?
Which AMD quad core do you want to compare with the Sandy Bridge ... i3-2370M?
m
0
l
Related resources
June 4, 2012 3:46:23 PM

CPU: Intel Core i3-2350 (2.40 GHz, 3MB L3)
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT520MX 1GB

I compare it with AMD quad core A6 3420 1.50GHz, 4Mb L2

or is it better to buy i5 2450M 2.50GHz 3Mb, L3

well, I am not a gamer.
but I dont like when my laptop gets really hot.
and today when I touched those laptops :) , those ones with AMD were really hot!!

I use a notebook to do some photoshop and also I like listening to music . sometimes I watch movies. but it is for everyday use, not for gaming. well, I am a multi task too .
m
0
l
a c 146 à CPUs
June 4, 2012 3:55:06 PM

SmartGeek said:
Hi helenora,

Please tell me your CPU Model. I Mean Core i3 [MODEL NAME]. Yes, AMD's QUAD CORE processors outperform Intel's Core i3 but only in multi-threaded performance.
What you want from your new Laptop? I mean, will you be gaming with it or its just for everyday use?

Regards,
SmartGeek


Ah.....no! Performance wise the I3 will be faster than AMD's mobile APU's and will out perform the AMD CPU's in most things. The only thing the AMD CPU will be better at is graphics other than that the I3 is going to be better.

Helenora I have two laptop's with an I3. One has an I3 2330M and the other an Acer has a I3 2350M. Both are very fast and I can't say I have any real complaints with performance. I would go with the I3 for the performance unless graphics are really important to you.
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 4:32:54 PM

rds1220 said:
Ah.....no! Performance wise the I3 will be faster than AMD's mobile APU's and will out perform the AMD CPU's in most things. The only thing the AMD CPU will be better at is graphics other than that the I3 is going to be better.

Helenora I have two laptop's with an I3. One has an I3 2330M and the other an Acer has a I3 2350M. Both are very fast and I can't say I have any real complaints with performance. I would go with the I3 for the performance unless graphics are really important to you.


Hi Rds1220,

I thought that helenora will be comparing this Core i3 processor with a better AMD Quad Core. That's why I wrote that AMD Quad Core will outperform it in multi-threaded performance because of four physical cores. But in this case, you're right that i3 will beat it in most of the tasks as the Llano is clocked much lower.

Regards,
SmartGeek
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 4:33:16 PM

helenora said:
CPU: Intel Core i3-2350 (2.40 GHz, 3MB L3)
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1333GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT520MX 1GB

I compare it with AMD quad core A6 3420 1.50GHz, 4Mb L2

or is it better to buy i5 2450M 2.50GHz 3Mb, L3

well, I am not a gamer.
but I dont like when my laptop gets really hot.
and today when I touched those laptops :) , those ones with AMD were really hot!!

I use a notebook to do some photoshop and also I like listening to music . sometimes I watch movies. but it is for everyday use, not for gaming. well, I am a multi task too .


Considering your needs, the i3 2350m will be definitely faster than the A6 3420m. The Core i3 2350m processor consumes equal power compared to the A6 3420m but delivers faster performance and also runs cooler than the AMD processor. The AMD A6 3420m is clocked much lower and as a result it will fall much behind the Core i3. The only case where this AMD processor can shine is heavy multi-tasking but the difference will be marginal.
And not to forget the universal fact---Intel's Sandy Bridge is much more efficient than AMD's Llano.
So, in my opinion, you should go with the core i3 processor.

The Core i5 you mentioned also has 2 Cores so it will be not much of a performance improvement over the i3. The only difference between these two processors is their frequency i.e. (2.5 to 3.1GHz) vs 2.4GHz. The extra 700MHz won't add up any significant real world performance improvement.

Regards,
SmartGeek
m
0
l
June 4, 2012 6:38:54 PM

Thank you very much for your recommendation. it is very helpful to me, now I am pretty sure what to buy and I feel confident too :)  thank you guys!
m
0
l
!