Gamespy disappointed with PSP

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>
> No, he deliberately posted here.
>
> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
Period. End
> of story.
>
> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.

So far in Japan the PSP is doing quite well compared to the DS,
virtually neck and neck.

Personally, I see them catering to different demographics so there's no
reason they both can't succeed.

Jordan

Jonah Falcon wrote:
> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>
> No, he deliberately posted here.
>
> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
Period. End
> of story.
>
> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.

Hmmm... all I can speak to is the games and so far there are 4 or 5 PSP
games I want to try. Absolutely 0 DS games. That could change, but
right now the advantage is to the PSP.

- Jordan

"terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Wrong newsgroup :)

No, he deliberately posted here.

Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market. Period. End
of story.

PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.

Jonah Falcon

Blig Merk wrote:
> because they couldn't get one at launch...
>
> http://ps2.gamespy.com/articles/584/584839p1.html

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action/msg/af4009219f436fdb?dmode=source

"The next big action games are a few weeks off, so it is going to be
slow for awhile. You can tell this by the level of noise posts going on
(it isn't trolling, it is obnoxious noise for the purpose of being
obnoxious)."--Bligmerk January 24, 2005.

Jordan wrote:
> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>> Wrong newsgroup :)
>>
>> No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
>> Period. End of story.
>>
>> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
> Hmmm... all I can speak to is the games and so far there are 4 or 5
> PSP games I want to try. Absolutely 0 DS games. That could change,
but
> right now the advantage is to the PSP.

Yeah, I didn't like N64 games when they are on the N64, I don't really
want them on a portable. The PSP will hopefully have ports of PS2
games I like, like Disgaea, Gran Turismo, Tokyo Xtreme Racer, etc.

Still, as long as Nintendo has Pokemon, it's hard to see how they will
do poorly in the handheld market.

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>>
>> No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
> Period. End
>> of story.
>>
>> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.

Even in spite of your unbiased logic, I don't even know why you would
respond sensibly to Falcon's idiotic statement above.

Skye wrote:
> What's with the topic. Gamespy's review of the PSP is that it's quite
> amazing.

Yes, ironic, isn't it?

ironic - a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form
characterized by irony, the use of words to express something other
than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

"Jordan" <lundj@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Jonah Falcon wrote:
> > "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > Wrong newsgroup :)
> >
> > No, he deliberately posted here.
> >
> > Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
> Period. End
> > of story.
> >
> > PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
> Hmmm... all I can speak to is the games and so far there are 4 or 5 PSP
> games I want to try. Absolutely 0 DS games. That could change, but
> right now the advantage is to the PSP.
>
> - Jordan

Having owned both(still own the PSP, couldn't wait to sell the DS), the PSP
will destroy it. I'd never get rid of my GBA SP though.

Skye

"Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message

> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>>
>> No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
> Period. End
>> of story.
>>
>> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
> So far in Japan the PSP is doing quite well compared to the DS,
> virtually neck and neck.
> <SNIP>

The PSP has overtaken the DS in weekly sales in Japan at least for the past
few weeks but if the supply problem returns again it may be a different
story.

"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>
> No, he deliberately posted here.
>
> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market. Period.
End
> of story.
>
> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
> Jonah Falcon

The PSP shots I've seen look lots better than the DS.

"Gooserider" <noway@mousepotato.com> wrote in message

> "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Wrong newsgroup :)
>>
>> No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>> Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market. Period.
> End
>> of story.
>>
>> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>>
>> Jonah Falcon
>
> The PSP shots I've seen look lots better than the DS.

That's an understatement. Maybe someone can post the gameplay footage link
of Ridge Racer on each handheld so you can really see the difference.

In article <arsMd.7984$Ix.3011@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
jonahnynla@mindspring.com says...

>"terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Wrong newsgroup :)
>
>No, he deliberately posted here.
>
>Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market. Period. End
>of story.
>
>PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
>Jonah Falcon

My advice to you Jonah is to get off the crack.
PSP=1 sweet ass piece of cheese

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <arsMd.7984$Ix.3011@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
> jonahnynla@mindspring.com says...
>

>>"terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Wrong newsgroup :)
>>
>>No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>>Guess what? Sony ain't budging Nintendo in the hand-held market. Period. End
>>of story.
>>
>>PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>>
>>Jonah Falcon
>

> My advice to you Jonah is to get off the crack.
> PSP=1 sweet ass piece of cheese

Yep...time to put the pipe down ;)

Skye wrote:

> What's with the topic. Gamespy's review of the PSP is that it's quite
> amazing.

It's Bligmerk trolling, dumbass. Unlike you, who is often willfully
ignorant, Bligmerk simply can't help himself. He's the Usenet version of a
guy who shits his pants and then tries to blame the smell on the dog even as
his own liquid feces is seeping out from his pant leg.

As for a PSP version of Katamari Damacy -- I think Lumines and Mercury will
fill the bill nicely until that glorious day arrives. Mercury would be
especially cool if they built a tilt sensor into it somehow.

-Z-

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> Jonah Falcon wrote:
>> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Wrong newsgrovp :)
>>
>> No, he deliberately posted here.
>>
>> Gvess what? Sony ain't bvdging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
> Period. End
>> of story.
>>
>> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
>
> So far in Japan the PSP is doing qvite well compared to the DS,
> virtvally neck and neck.
>
> Personally, I see them catering to different demographics so there's no
> reason they both can't svcceed.

That's Japan. In North America and Evrope the handheld market has always
been associated with Nintendo. Not saying it can' be done, bvt a lot of
time and money will have to be spent to knock Nintendo off. Personally I
think Sony is starting to spread themselves thin.

--
ItsKanetastic29 (formerly Union Kane)

"ItsKanetastic29 (aka Union Kane)" <itskanetastic29.nospam@telvs.net> wrote
in message news:NABMd.26$8J3.11@clgrps13...

> "Robert P Holley" <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Jonah Falcon wrote:
> >> "terry vickers" <terry-vickers@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> No, he deliberately posted here.
> >>
> >> Gvess what? Sony ain't bvdging Nintendo in the hand-held market.
> > Period. End
> >> of story.
> >>
> >> PSP = garbage, especially when compared to the Nintendo DS.
> >
> > So far in Japan the PSP is doing qvite well compared to the DS,
> > virtvally neck and neck.
> >
> > Personally, I see them catering to different demographics so there's no
> > reason they both can't svcceed.
> >

> That's Japan. In North America and Evrope the handheld market has always
> been associated with Nintendo. Not saying it can' be done, bvt a lot of
> time and money will have to be spent to knock Nintendo off.

The same thing vse to be said abovt the console market.
How did that work ovt?

Jordan

Skye wrote:
> What's with the topic. Gamespy's review of the PSP is that it's quite
> amazing.

Reading comprehension has never been Bligmerk's strong point. :^)

- Jordan

Jordan

Hey, did you see the launch details?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050204/ap_on_hi_te/sony_psp

The PSP machine, a challenger to Nintendo (news - web sites) Co.'s
long-standing grip on the handheld video gaming market, will be sold
(starting 3/24 - Jordan) as a "value pack" for $250 in the United
States and for $300 Canadian dollars. It will include numerous
accessories and - for the first million sold - a copy of the
"Spider-Man 2" movie on the new Universal Media Disc format that Sony
designed for the PSP.

- Jordan

Blig Merk wrote:

> ironic - a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form
> characterized by irony, the use of words to express something other
> than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning

You're not humorous when people are laughing at you instead of with you.
Learn the difference. Did you not notice that you had to read through half a
dozen messages telling you what an idiot you are to get to Skye's
wonderfully oblivious post?

Bligmerk, Jan 24, 2005

Here's another word for you:

hypocrisy (n.): The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues
that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

"Bligmerk: a black hole from which even irony cannot escape." -- Zackman,
Jan. 25, 2005

-Z-

Jordan

Gooserider wrote:

> The PSP shots I've seen look lots better than the DS.

Agreed. The DS strikes me as being a well reviewed gimmick (i.e. the
Virtual Boy) and once the initial buzz goes away it will fade away. If
it had full backwards compatability with the older GB titles and could
truly replace the SP then they'd have something.

- Jordan

Zackman wrote:

> [Bilgecunt is] the Usenet version of a guy who shits his pants
> and then tries to blame the smell on the dog even as his own
> liquid feces is seeping out from his pant leg.

Or the Usenet version of Brian blaming Stewie for rug puddles.

> As for a PSP version of Katamari Damacy -- I think Lumines...will
> fill the bill nicely until that glorious day arrives.

Lumines is the only game that would entice me to buy a PSP, but not for
$250. Jeezus!

--
A dope trailer is no place for a kitty!