Shortcut key for "Back" in Windows Explorer

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?
6 answers Last reply
More about shortcut back windows explorer
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    BACK: Alt + LeftArrow
    FWD: Alt + RightArrow
    SEARCH: F3

    Up one level... hm. Never used that one before.
    Shortcuts mostly if not all the same:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/98/all/reskit/en-us/part7/wrkappg.mspx

    ---
    You can have anything you want... you just can't have everything.
    -e
    "Zarbol Csar" <zarbol@csar.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
    > green arrow) in Windows Explorer?
    >
    > Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
    > Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    .... go there:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q126449

    --
    (... bennyboss ... 27.09.2004 15:23:19 ...)
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    In news:95719148D294A51D7E@130.133.1.4,
    Zarbol Csar <zarbol@csar.net> typed:

    > Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function
    > (left
    > green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

    One of the things I particularly like about my Microsoft
    Intellimouse is the buttons on the side. One, operated by my
    thumb, does exactly that.

    > Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in
    > Windows
    > Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?

    If you have the same, or a similar, mouse, you can configure the
    other button for Forward, or other choices.

    Please reply to the newsgroup
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    Eric Hymander, <ericDOThymander@R0GERS.C0M>, the long-snouted, misguided
    minnow, and grave robber, made known:

    --
    You resounding, sulphuretted, self-pollinating farmer.
  5. In Windows 7, press Alt+Up arrow to go up one level.
  6. Anonymous said:
    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

    BACK: Alt + LeftArrow
    FWD: Alt + RightArrow
    SEARCH: F3

    Up one level... hm. Never used that one before.
    Shortcuts mostly if not all the same:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/98/all/reskit/en-us/part7/wrkappg.mspx

    ---
    You can have anything you want... you just can't have everything.
    -e
    "Zarbol Csar" <zarbol@csar.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
    > green arrow) in Windows Explorer?
    >
    > Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
    > Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?

    Thank you very very much.

Configuration Windows Explorer Microsoft Customization Windows XP