Shortcut key for "Back" in Windows Explorer

September 27, 2004 6:16:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 6:16:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

BACK: Alt + LeftArrow
FWD: Alt + RightArrow
SEARCH: F3

Up one level... hm. Never used that one before.
Shortcuts mostly if not all the same:

---
You can have anything you want... you just can't have everything.
-e
"Zarbol Csar" <zarbol@csar.net> wrote in message
> Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function (left
> green arrow) in Windows Explorer?
>
> Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in Windows
> Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?
September 27, 2004 7:26:17 PM

In news:95719148D294A51D7E@130.133.1.4,
Zarbol Csar <zarbol@csar.net> typed:

> Is there a shortcut hotkey I can use for the "Back" function
> (left
> green arrow) in Windows Explorer?

One of the things I particularly like about my Microsoft
Intellimouse is the buttons on the side. One, operated by my
thumb, does exactly that.

> Are there other shortcut keys I can use for the buttons in
> Windows
> Explorer such as Forward, Search, Folders, Up one level, etc?

If you have the same, or a similar, mouse, you can configure the
other button for Forward, or other choices.

Please reply to the newsgroup
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 11:10:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Eric Hymander, <ericDOThymander@R0GERS.C0M>, the long-snouted, misguided
minnow, and grave robber, made known:

--
You resounding, sulphuretted, self-pollinating farmer.
March 5, 2012 6:34:34 AM

In Windows 7, press Alt+Up arrow to go up one level.
Alt+Left and Alt+Right for going back and forward are really great! I never knew about those.
If you like me try to avoid the mouse if possible, keyboard shortcuts like this are needed.
!