Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Modifying ntuser.dat under "Default User"

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
September 27, 2004 11:03:05 AM

How can I modify ntuser.dat for base profile "Default
User". Regedit is not possible and copying a modified
file from an existing user will also copy the users
entries.

Modifications are needed for each user logging on for the
first time to the machine.
System is XP Professional.

Thanks
Rene

More about : modifying ntuser dat default user

Anonymous
September 27, 2004 11:40:44 PM

In regedit, select File, Load Hive and navigate to the ntuser.dat file you
wish to modify. Make your modifications then before exiting (very important
here), be sure to do a File, Unload Hive.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service

<nospam@sloot.info> wrote in message
> How can I modify ntuser.dat for base profile "Default
> User". Regedit is not possible and copying a modified
> file from an existing user will also copy the users
> entries.
>
> Modifications are needed for each user logging on for the
> first time to the machine.
> System is XP Professional.
>
> Thanks
> Rene
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 11:48:50 PM

Rene,

319974 - How To Create a Custom Default User Profile:

Or, this way (if there are fewer modifications to be done)
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_adv_reg_editing.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k