Modifying ntuser.dat under "Default User"

How can I modify ntuser.dat for base profile "Default
User". Regedit is not possible and copying a modified
file from an existing user will also copy the users
entries.

Modifications are needed for each user logging on for the
first time to the machine.
System is XP Professional.

Thanks
Rene
2 answers Last reply
More about modifying ntuser default user

    In regedit, select File, Load Hive and navigate to the ntuser.dat file you
    wish to modify. Make your modifications then before exiting (very important
    here), be sure to do a File, Unload Hive.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service

    <nospam@sloot.info> wrote in message
    > How can I modify ntuser.dat for base profile "Default
    > User". Regedit is not possible and copying a modified
    > file from an existing user will also copy the users
    > entries.
    >
    > Modifications are needed for each user logging on for the
    > first time to the machine.
    > System is XP Professional.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rene

    Rene,

    319974 - How To Create a Custom Default User Profile:

    Or, this way (if there are fewer modifications to be done)
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_adv_reg_editing.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    <nospam@sloot.info> wrote in message
    How can I modify ntuser.dat for base profile "Default
    User". Regedit is not possible and copying a modified
    file from an existing user will also copy the users
    entries.

    Modifications are needed for each user logging on for the
    first time to the machine.
    System is XP Professional.

    Thanks
    Rene

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP