Flickering lines

iam facing horizental lines on my screen iam using core i5 integrated hd 3000 graphics with asus p8h67 mle
12 answers Last reply
More about flickering lines
  1. imranspllda said:
    iam facing horizental lines on my screen iam using core i5 integrated hd 3000 graphics with asus p8h67 mle

whick psu are you providing your pc a grounding
  2. What is your resolution and re-fresh rate. I would mess around with both and see if that helps.
  3. 1366*786 , 60 hz, cooler master extreme power plus 500 w
  4. Flickering lines may also be caused by RAM not being properly seated or in fact defective.
  5. i have used a gpu 9800 gt and it worked fine what should be the problem.my ram is seated properly.
  6. sarinaide said:
    Flickering lines may also be caused by RAM not being properly seated or in fact defective.

they are present on whole desktop but more visible on white baground, they are like small transparent lines moving in upward direction.
  7. Do you have a different monitor you can test it on? If you do then you can figure out if the monitor is the problem. Also do you have a different video card, or you can use the I5 onboard graphics. If you switch video cards (or use onboard graphics) and the problem goes away then you know your video card is the problem.
  8. rds1220 said:
    Do you have a different monitor you can test it on? If you do then you can figure out if the monitor is the problem. Also do you have a different video card, or you can use the I5 onboard graphics. If you switch video cards (or use onboard graphics) and the problem goes away then you know your video card is the problem.

when i use the on board graphics problem appears, with a video card it goes away , i also tested my processor in an other board every thing worked fine, it means that there is some problem in my motherboard, can you tell me which component of motherboard is causing this problem.
  9. If it only happens when you use the onboard graphics the only thing I can think of is something with the Intel HD graphics drivers or IMO more likley a problem with the VGA/DVI port on the motherboard. Are you hooking up the monitor cable with any type of adapter like VGA to DVI.

Something like this

10. rds1220 said:
    If it only happens when you use the onboard graphics the only thing I can think of is something with the Intel HD graphics drivers or IMO more likley a problem with the VGA/DVI port on the motherboard. Are you hooking up the monitor cable with any type of adapter like VGA to DVI.

Something like this

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41QC877ykcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

no i connenct my screen directly to built in vga port, through vga to vga cable
    no i have connectedmy screen directly to vgaport through a vga to vga cable
  11. How old is the motherboard?
  12. rds1220 said:
    How old is the motherboard?

6 months
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Asus Core Intel i5 HD Graphics