Cpu temperature stuck

morita

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello,
my brother recently switch his hardware to new pc case, and also installed a water cooling cpu system, what is weird is in Bios, the temperature monitor is showing the right temp, i mean it ticks and move, but when log in to window, using some other 3rd party software, it doesnt, it only show 42, 40 for his duo core, and stays there, it just stuck there no matter how hard the cpu is working. can anyone help

morita

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
currently using realtemp to check temperature, also tried some ohter utility software that comes with temperature monitor but its still the 42 40 stucked, not increase nor droping for both cores and as i said before we checked in the bios for temps to see if its the cpu sensor is faulty, aparently it isnt as the bios temp is actually moving , so we are guessing something software related stuff could be the problem.

morita

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
tried sensor test, nothing moving also hwmonitor as well, it is still showing the exact 42 40 , nothing change, i dont knw whats causing it, but feels like its something that either bios or motherboard gave the temp then it just stuck there not refreshing,
ps: even after several restart the temp is still 42 40

morita

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
my brother just said would it be because the plug from the watercooling unit , he plug that to the fan controller he bought before instead of the motherboard, but i dont think its the problem tho, just giving out as much info as i can

Nah, that shouldn't make any difference at all. It does sound like a pure software issue, though. It could be the motherboard or CPU just stopped wanting to give the correct temps, but if that were the case, it shouldn't be right in the BIOS.