Opertunity to upgrade :)

CrilleB

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
Will build a new computer for my parents, so I'm able to "sell" some of my existing components to their computer. Built my computer last summer, so it's not in direct need of upgrading but I wouldn't say no to the chance to get better components now that I can easily sell some of my existing components. I use my computer mainly for gaming, BF3 etc.

Motherboard: MSI P67A-C45 REV B3

Is there any reason to change this other than to be able to SLI? Suggestions for better motherboard that fits i5 2500k? Will upgrade to liquid cooling pretty soon but any motherboard can handle that right?

RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4096MB) 1333MHz CL9 XMS3

Is there any reason to upgrade?

PSU: Corsair TX 650W V2 80 + Bronze

Crap PSU that sounds like an airplane, not as much of an irritation for my parents because they will not have to sleep to the sound. My parents will not need 650W but maybe it's not such a big price difference. Does it always pull 650W even if the system does not draw that much? I mean will the running cost be higher in a 650W than 300W though they run the same components?

2TB Samsung Ecogreen F4EG

Is probably no way I can get a hard drive as large with better performance for a reasonable price today?

Grateful for tips and advice

//The Swede :hello: