Status
Not open for further replies.

fire8085

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2011
Hello everyone, I am having some issues with my brand new computer I built.

I bought everything from new egg, pieced it all together, put an OS on it and it worked fine. (Or so I thought) I tried searching around but wasn't sure if it was the same problem others were having.

I started noticing today (day after building it) that the screen will randomly go blue with darker blue lines. I have heard of this problem before. All the parts i bought at least had 30+ reviews if not a lot more with 4/5 stars being minimum. I am updated to latest drivers and made sure to seat the video card well. Let me know if you need more information. Specs are as follows:

i5 2500k
ASrock z68 extreme3 gen 3 mobo
8 gb sniper series gskill ram
powercolor 6870
coolmaster plus CPU cooler
antec 300 case
ocz 60gb ssd
7200 RPM hitachi 1 TB HD

Screen looks like this: (It happened twice when viewing youtube and then randomly after that) Thought it had to do something with flash...but IDK now.

2qteomg.jpg

firebuoy

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012

I have had this problem with a new powercolor HD 6850.

I found the problem actually lied within AMD Vision control center.

Once the control center is open select the 'performance' tab on the left hand side, then under there 'Graphics Overdrive'

This should open a couple of tick boxes one for 'Graphics Overdrive' and the other for 'manual fan control'

I unticked both boxes and have now played skyrim for well over an hour, whereas before I could only last 5 minutes if I was lucky.

Think it's to do with the GPU overheating due to the fan control not being automatic.

Try it and see how you get on

Best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS